cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked iphone

Jleonab7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Phone is locked cannot remember correct phone code. Don't know why it locked.

It is asking for a 6digit passcode which happens to be on the data in the phone.

I understand that only the carrier (public mobile) can unlock it. Using the apple restore removes all data, which is not backed up

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Jleonab7 

You will need to contact Apple Support to help you retrieve your passcode for the iPhone but they will need proof that you are the original owner of the iPhone.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Jleonab7 

You are in a hard spot. I can reassure that a full reset over iTunes with a USB cable that you will be able to put in a new passcode. Will it carrier unlock your phone...NO. But at the end of the reset process, if the phone is carrier unlocked, the last screen will say something like Congratulations Your iPhone is Unlocked.

Too many tries of passcode I have heard horror stories of being locked out for a day or for hours equaling years before you can try again. 

You might just have to bite the bullet and rebuild the phone.

Sometimes based of iOS of phone and of a backup you can restore using an old backup. If some one has a similar set up you can do a side by side copy....but you have to know how to deal with changing back to your iCloud account which can make the latter pointless. 

Hindsight...back your phone more often. At least you might get 75% back up and running. 

@Jleonab7 wrote:

Phone is locked cannot remember correct phone code. Don't know why it locked.

What does the message say?  is it asking for a SIM card code? A PUK?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jleonab7 the regular screen unlock passcode?  check this

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204306

Need Help? Let's chat.