cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lobbying to have points applied against monthly bill again?

BLC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi folks,

Many of us long-time Public Mobile people recently went through the change of our points being applied against every bill, to suddenly the points are no longer applied against the bill and we can only cash in on every 15 points acquired. This, to me, seems like an excellent way to no longer get to actually take advantage of the points, as most of us are too busy to diligently watch for our points to accumulate and take advantage of it. Does anyone know if there is a way to lobby PM to make them reverse this change, or at least make it an option for these savings to be applied to every bill along with the other options?

Thanks!

B

6 REPLIES 6

@hairbag1 wrote:

@BLC 

some have petitioned the CRTC...but they seem unable to change the course of Telus / PM's decisions. I wonder why !!!

I never believed customers have a case against PM in regards of 'rewards'. This has nothing to do with service, coverage, unfair billing, random price increases, etc.
Any company offering some incentive can stop doing it at will. I consider any 'rewards' as promotion so use it while it last. Who knows how long Points will be offered...

Jake4jake

Yes you can switch to another provider and get a much better deal 

janicelynne

Thank you for opening this discussion.  I am very disappointed in the change over - it has made a significant increase to my monthly statement.  I have just looked at my points and it seems that the points will not equal the benefits that I was receiving.  

EB0
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I don’t see the auto apply points to credit feature is going to be available anytime soon. The idea of points, is many customers will forget to use or convert them to credit, which means more profit to the business. 
For most customers, you will collect $15 once or twice a year, unless you have referrals.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@BLC   I imagine it's because bill credits are only one thing you can use points for, you can also buy add ons with points for less than the $ amount, and whatever else they might be planning for the future.  But for anyone that doesn't need add ons I can see it would be frustrating.  Although having said that one benefit to logging in occasionally is that you may see a better plan than you have.  It seems some who come to complain about losing their $ rewards don't log in very often and have been paying more for a plan than they actually needed to.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@BLC 

some have petitioned the CRTC...but they seem unable to change the course of Telus / PM's decisions. I wonder why !!!

Need Help? Let's chat.