cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line connection

wendygraham
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I call my cell phone from a land line it goes through.  Another cell phone to my cell phone is getting the message 'currently not available?  Why

6 REPLIES 6

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@wendygraham wrote:

When I call my cell phone from a land line it goes through.  Another cell phone to my cell phone is getting the message 'currently not available?  Why

@wendygraham   Was it just one particular cell phone cannot call you or a lot more?   If you notice different cell phone cannot call you as well, try to ask if they are from the same mobile carrier or different ones.  

If it is just from one mobile carrier cannot call you and other carriers can, this is an issue from that particular one carrier instead of PM.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@wendygraham  - is this a new activation, or is this something that just all of a sudden started? What other details can you provide?

If it was working before okay try:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a few minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*perform a reset network settings on your device

Maybe the other cell phone is currently have a network issue??

SIMon BOT for CSA ticket:

Click here to submit a ticket

OR,

Private message to CSA: 

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@wendygraham 

Are both cell phones with public mobile? Is the landline with Telus or another provider? Can you send and recieve text messages? SMS/MMS? Mobile data? iPhone or Android? Have you tried rebooting? Toggling airplane mode on/off? Checked for outages in your area?

Edit:

Type"network issue" and "human" and follow the prompts to submit your ticket.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

@wendygraham wrote:

That widget gets me to Simon who is no help

SIMon use used to get help.  Did you ask it to open a ticket to a customer support agent?

wendygraham
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That widget gets me to Simon who is no help

@wendygraham wrote:

This can be tricky thing to diagnose because there is another party and sometimes another carrier involved.  That type of error message shouldn't be happening because even if there were a network problem or your phone being off, the calls shoould be directed to your voicemail. I suspect that the problem will likely fix itself, but to open a ticket for to get the help of a customer support agent, you need to open a ticket through:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Need Help? Let's chat.