cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Canada until December - how do I keep my number?

Kevs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm going to be out of the country for about 7 months.  When we come back to Canada I'd like to have my same phone number.  Is there a way to inactivate my plan but keep my account active while I'm gone?  If my plan was inactive but I continued to add say, $10 to the account each month would that keep my account and phone number active?

8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Kevs please see the go-to reference thead for this topic:  @Luddite's extended absence thread:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Extended-Absence/m-p/142735#M...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Civic_E Billing cycle resets when you pay. Applies to early renewals too.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Civic_E
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@stonechuckerwrote:

There is no such option available.  This is a prepaid service, and the only time available to pause your account is the 90 days after your expiry, and at that point the next day the account is essentially deleted.

@stonechuckerlets say if you recharge(full amount) on the 89th day after expiry, then does another bill become due in 2 days or billing cycle changes?

zoomzoom87
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@makkahn28wrote:

I think Public MUST have some kinda Vacationing OR Idling Plan so that PPL do NOT have to spend an OUTRAGEOUS amount, ESPECIALLY If you have a PROMO that is no longer available

unfortunately you gotta pay to play, especially if you want to keep a number active. 

There is no such option available.  This is a prepaid service, and the only time available to pause your account is the 90 days after your expiry, and at that point the next day the account is essentially deleted.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Only do the above suggestion *if* you don’t want to keep your current plan, as there is no no way to ensure you will get the same plan when you return.

If you do wish to keep your plan, you can let your plan expire for the approximate 90 days, réactivâtes at that point, and you will have almost 180 days until you need to réactivité.

I think Public MUST have some kinda Vacationing OR Idling Plan so that PPL do NOT have to spend an OUTRAGEOUS amount, ESPECIALLY If you have a PROMO that is no longer available

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

future dat your plan to the cheapest available plan about $30 / 30 days.  remove auto pay and let the plan expire.

you will have 90 days to reacivate the plan (but i would do it around day 85). reactivate the phone by adding funds and make sure it activates.

let the plan expire again and  reactivate as needed.

edit this is a better detailed account of the above

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Extended-Absence/m-p/142735

Need Help? Let's chat.