cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE not working across multiple devices and locations.

Creeeepy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a galaxy note 8, and I know someone else with one two. We both use public mobile, and we both have the same problem: LTE doesn't work. I just got a new phone, and tried the sim in it as well, but I got the same result. Both phones show being connected, and the sending/receiving data arrows. This isn't in just one location either because it started as we were traveling Canada.

5 REPLIES 5

Creeeepy

No it was really weird cause it showed being connected to LTE on the status bar but I couldn't load anything. I had to change my prefered network type to 3g so that it didn't connect to LTE. I also happened to get a s21 as it was happening, and when I switched the Sim over LTE still didn't work. However it works now though because I just tested it again today, which I've been doing for like a week now.

Creeeepy

Yes I already checked apn settings. Also I just tested it and it seems I have LTE again. It was really weird though because I had to use 3g for a week and my friend also. It showed being connected to LTE but my phone wouldn't load anything.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Creeeepy , did you check the preferred network type setting to make sure it's set to LTE?  The only thing I can think of for why the phone is not connecting to the LTE network is age of the phone and whitelisting.  The note 8 is quite old and despite it's LTE capability, it might be not whitelisted for LTE service.  I do know that whitelisting is applied rigorously for VoLTE. There are lots of VoLTE capable devices not able to operate with this function due to a stringent whitelist. 

slusagm
Mayor / Maire

But phone calls work?

you tried reset all networks?  no data limit enabled?   and no VPN? delete any VPN

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Creeeepy, can you verify that your APN settings match below:

Need Help? Let's chat.