cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE CALLING DISABLED

Mhon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

i just got a pop-up on my iPhone that said "Public Mobile has turned off LTE CALLING"

i wish i had screenshotted it.

i immediately logged in to my Public Mobile account to see if my account was suspended and found out that my account is in good standing.

Was that a glitch?

Did anyone else got it?

Was that from Public Mobile or is my phone infected with a malware?

Any guidance is much appreciated.

Thank you! 

**** added at 6:22 pm EST ******

i am using iPhone 15 Pro Max and i just updated to iOS 17.4 yesterday

26 REPLIES 26

andsoitgoes42

Never mind. Had to go in and turn the voice and data from LTE to 3G and then try it again. 

so a reboot, toggling that setting (which I also did on my 13) and then testing again. Not intuitive and pretty annoying but at least it’s working.  

andsoitgoes42

This worked for my 13 but did not for my wife’s XR. I did the same thing and still no dice. Really frustrating. 

GetMedieval
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, I just got the same message on my iPhone X, March 8. Did the exact same thing, rushed to PublicMobile website, and all seems in good standing. What's going on?!

Wagz

I did the iOS update yesterday, and I just got same message this evening after my phone died when it turned back on saying LTE was disabled by public mobile

BenjaminClassic

All is welll now after a reboot 

Jedi1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just rebooted mine and working now also.

Sushi_Combo

The issue subsided for me once I rebooted. Confirmed to have gotten the same message today. 

No_Name

It killed the Bluetooth on iPhone X and I got the message after a reboot 😳

Appleguy

I also had this issue at 7:00 Newfoundland Time,  Phone will drop back to 3G for calls, but I now somehow get low 5G service in my house. I've been on the iOS 17.4 since the first Dev Beta, and no updates were installed today so I don't think that would have caused it. other than that service seems to be working fine. (Message in SC Below).. iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 17.4 (Public Release)IMG_0487.jpeg

domchabot123

Same problem for me. Contacted CS_Agent but no success.

Jedi1

iPhone 14, updates iOS yesterday.  

VoLTE has not been disabled across the tire entire network.  5G+ connectivity has started showing up for some customers, so it's possible that tweaks are currently being done to the network.

Keithm0000

Exact same thing happened to me, pop up outta the blue saying LTE calling was disabled. I too have iPhone 15 pro max on iOS 17.4! 

xiv
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It's actually pretty funny, because I also got the pop-up even though I never connect to the LTE network. I'm on the 15$ plan "with 3G speeds", but I actually force my phone to connect to the 3G network so as to avoid all those pesky Amber alerts. So the message is actually irrelevant in my case, yet I still got it.

BenjaminClassic

I have the iPhone 8 updated to iOS 16.7.6 yesterday 

andsoitgoes42

Same in every way here. 

Shazlett

Is everyone with this issue using an iPhone?

andsoitgoes42

Doesn’t work. Still an issue. calls drop 2 of my phones back to 3g. The other 2 are not with us so I can’t check them. 

It’s clear that this is a wide spread issue. It happened for a phone on a 5g and one on a 4g plan, also. 

Shazlett

Same deal with me. I have an iPhone 13 Pro. I just upgraded it to iOS 17.4 yesterday. Restarting the phone doesn't work. I have eSIM.

Weird, something is going on for sure around here!

Go into your settings to see if it will allow you to turn the 5G on.  You might have to disable it and enable it,  reboot.

If still not working can open a ticket here.

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=2OhrPakuMpNZt4irir5...

Ahather

I also had it pop up. Drops from lte to 3G when making and receiving calls but the calls still go through. Tried rebooting phone several times but still keeps happening. Tried adjusting the apn settings like the customer service asked me to do and it was still doing it, not sure how to fix it 

BenjaminClassic

Just got the same message 

jtos14mb14

Just got the same message. 

Michael122

good evening, I tried, but calls drops from 5g+ to 3g still. 

Jedi1

I just saw this pop up also. 

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Maybe try turning on Airplane mode for a bit waiting. Turn it back off, restart your phone, and see that will help.

Need Help? Let's chat.