cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G3 receiving but not sending mms

b777
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My mom recently got an LG G3 and the phone is able to receive mms texts but it will not send. I have inserted the correct APN settings and it sent an mms once and that's it. Now it will only receive but not send. I've tried restarting the phone, I've tried with WiFi disconnected and I've disabled lte and tried to send only the 3G network and nothing has worked. I also tried leaving the APN settings in ipv4/ipv6 and that also didn't do anything. I was surprised the phone didn't have the APN settings automatically inputed when I inserted the sim. The previous phone my mom had (moto G2 2nd gen) had zero issues in this regard. Thoughts?

9 REPLIES 9

djdc1234
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
This is my problem and still not working lol, talked to mods all my settings are correct still not.. Am I supposed to have a apn for mms?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@muixsnxsu you have replied to a problem that was solved 2 months ago.  Just an FYI, this person no longer requires assistance.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

muixsnxsu
  • Verify airplane mode is turned off.
  • Perform a soft reset.
  • Locate Message centre. Directly beneath it should be the message centre phone number of your network operator. (Check your network operator's website for their message centre number to compare). If the number on your phone is different, or missing, touch Message centre, enter your network operator's message centre number and then touch OK. Then try sending a text message.
  • Try to do cache clear.

For more troubleshooting hacks check LG G3 Manual. 

b777
Instead of putting aliasredirect I put aliasdirect in the apn settings... Easy to miss if not looking carefully

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

i would like to know too in case my G3 goes haywire!

@b777 For our future troubleshooting, how did you resolve this issue?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Templewood
Happy to hear you have resolved.

Good to hear that issue resolved
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

b777
Disregard, I was able to figure it out
Need Help? Let's chat.