cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo calls

Sabina13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I keep getting calls from Koodo representatives saying that public mobile was bought out by Koodo and public mobile will be going out of business is this true? 

13 REPLIES 13

julesverne
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Don't know. It seemed to be getting sweeter.

I generally have been ignoring...A

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@julesverne is this the first time you received this offer?  For many it's been available since at least mid August.

julesverne

I'm replying to myself, cause I have to admit the latest "Txt" is a good offer.

that does say: "You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. *Conditions Apply"

So I guess I can opt out.... but Public MAY have to up their game, 

The latest "Deal" is:

5gb data for $35, and 8GB for $40 plus $180 in bill credits!

I'm on Public at 4.5GB for $40 (4 different phones, and 2 of those kids phones!)

BUT I also HATE "rush" offers... do it before Sept 30!!!

...Andrew

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I love Koodo call me to get this deals $40/8GB or anyone share me there PM # LOL

julesverne

I am also getting tired of it. I get txt messages and my daughter and my son have gotten phonecalls.

Some here say unscrupulous franchises are doing it but HOW do they know i and my family are public subscribers!

Yes.. some if the deals sound interesting  but i have only been with public about 3 months..let me have a chance to see how service is!......andrew (very frustrated)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mackbulldog57, Both Public Mobile AND Koodo are owned by Telus.  The person that called you somehow got their hands on (or was given) a list of Public Mobile clients in the area, and was trying to drum up some business.  I really wouldn't worry about someone having captured data from your phone as you were walking by.

Mackbulldog57
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I received a call from a Koodo rep at a location that I was NEAR on Saturday.  The message said that Koodo had bought Public and that if I wanted to switch and get a great deal I should call them.  In the message they left for me they addressed me by my first name.  My question is how did they get my name and number and know that I was with Public Mobile?  Did they capture data from my phone when I was passing by their kiosk?

I saved the message in my voicemail if the Mods nead to hear it.

When Telus did buy Public Mobile, the rumors were saying the same thing about Public Mobile shutting down.  It never happened.  And, even when Telus annouced that Public Mobile customers back then would be switched over to new plans and a new netowrk, I believe that some of the articles that I read still got it wrong but erroneously reporting a Public Mobile shut-down.

I'm used to hearing about carriers badmouthing other carriers by pointing out something bad about the other company, sometimes it being true stuff, while other times, completely made up.  But this is kind of funny that another Telus-owned brand (or dealer store) is making stuff like this up.  It makes it look like as if Telus doesn't know what's going on within their own company.

There has been no official shutdown of Public Mobilie notice.  And no, Koodo does not own Public.

The sad part is that it would not surprise me one bit if Public Mobile did shut down and customers were merged into Koodo.  However, that's all speculation and may never happen.  Anything said by almost anyone on this matter is really just a guess.  There is no official information about any such plans and even if someone within the company did know something, that person wouldn't be allowed to tell us anyway.  Anything said by anyone within the company about this is just going to tow th company line and say that they're not going anywhere, which at least for now, is true.  Right now, that Koodo salespersons/dealer salesperson is either badly mistaken or dishonest.

srlawren

@Willaug56 wrote:

Would be interested in this too since I am just signing up 

@Willaug56 rest assured, PM is not going anywhere anytime soon.  This is dishonest Koodo salespeople trying to use fear to intimidate people to switch.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's all kinda silly too. Telus owns Koodo AND Public Mobile. Why and how would Koodo "buy" PM?

Even if it was true...who cares...so maybe we get forcefully migrated over (with the obvious choice to not). I'd still rather stick with Telus as my network whichever way I get there.

Willaug56
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Would be interested in this too since I am just signing up 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Sabina13, these are calls coming from unscrupulous Koodo franchise stores in your area trying to capitalize on getting you to switch to Koodo.  It happens everytime a migration offer takes place.  The fact is Telus owns both Koodo and Public Mobile brands.  Koodo can't buy Public Mobile.  Tell the person calling that even if you wish to migrate they are the last store you would go to.  

mimmo

no it is not.  next time you get that call i would ask for the persons name , direct contact number etc...  and see what info you get,  i dount  any as they are not being honest witth you.   you could even try reporting them to PM mods if you have the number they called from (assuming its not the generic koodo number) 

Need Help? Let's chat.