cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just purchased a plan and it charged me but sim isnt activated

andrewsorensen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently just switched to PM from a prepaid 15$/month (wanting to keep my existing phone number) telus plan and PM has charged me but once I put the sim card in it said not activated and my PM account for the plan wasn't created.

10 REPLIES 10

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@andrewsorensen - if you have a ticket in with public mobile customer support great, hopefully they get you help soon.

I've private messaged you the Telus Porting number also, if you care to try that method, you could call them this morning and get the port restarted to accept the SMS on the telus sim card.

Welcome!

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@andrewsorensen 

Things to note about the $15 plan that you may not know. The 100 minutes outgoing calls are rounded up to the next minute. Eg. If your call is 2 minutes and 1 sec…it will count as 3 minutes.

Once the 100 minutes is used up. You can purchase 500 minutes for $5 or you can text your friends and family to call you because there is an unlimited incoming calls.

@andrewsorensen 

The chances are they wrapped up for the day.

andrewsorensen

Okay sounds good, will my ticket be responded too tonight or no because it has passed 10pm est.

@andrewsorensen 

Customer Service Agent, they can be contact through private messaging on the envelope icon on top of this page or you can create a ticket through SIMon Chatbot on the bottom of page.

They are available from 6:00am to 10:00pm EST but put a request in now.

They will get back to you through private messaging tomorrow.

I hope this helps.

Alexandf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@andrewsorensen 

open a ticket with PM CS Agent. at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket.

Once ticket is submitted, (top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from CS_Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS_Agent

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

andrewsorensen

Yes my telus account is still active and what is the CS_Agent?

@andrewsorensen 

Is your Telus account still active? It needs to be active for Telus to send the text to you.

If 90 minutes have lapsed, contact the CS_Agent to complete the porting for you.

Good thing PM is own by Telus so porting should be straight forward.

andrewsorensen

I took out my sim card right away (not knowing I had to do the confimation of the porting) then I realized I had to so I put it back in but I still haven't received a confirmation text and it has been over 15 minutes

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@andrewsorensen 

Couple of things you should do to complete the porting of your old number.

- Confirm the text that you are porting your number over to PM with the Telus SIM in your phone. You have 90 minutes to confirm your porting is incomplete.

- Power off your phone then switch the SIM.

Did you do these very important steps?

Need Help? Let's chat.