cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just asking ...

JoshuaD
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can PM change my plan without me knowing?

I was charged today double amount that I am paying usually, and I have the surprise to discover that they changed somehow my plan from $25 to $40.

21 REPLIES 21

@JoshuaD wrote:

Thanks ... I will change it back to 25, but opting out from texts will not be OK. I would like him to be responsible! However, I need to think about a creative consequence(s)! Sorry for asking about this!

@JoshuaD  - changing the plan on next renewal is the easiest thing to do here.

Don't feel bad or think your son made an error. Other customers did this same thing. The text could have been taking as extra/free data, so it could very well have been an honest mistake.

Even when I received the text I had to double-take about whether or not what or what not to action.

I would suggest leaving the text notifications on, as you may miss out on promos/deals. Perhaps, ask your son to question texts that are received and speak with you about them prior to doing anything about them.

typo

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I guess the text promo is working well for PM, just might not be customers-friendly . LoL

@JoshuaD   I do not suggest you to opt out promo text.  You would miss the Christmas bonus text and possibly other important text

@JoshuaD  Well you know you son better then anyone I assume .. tuff love isn’t always easy .. so I I understand the firm but fair approach. So this would certainly be one of those teachable moments , it’s all about personal outcome measures 🙂

JoshuaD

Thanks ... I will change it back to 25, but opting out from texts will not be OK. I would like him to be responsible! However, I need to think about a creative consequence(s)! Sorry for asking about this!

JoshuaD

It is not the first mistake he is making. I was an SLP in another country and have training in ABA and EIBI, so I was working hard with him since I knew he will be in deep waters in life. He improved a lot, but I am still paying for his mistakes ... and this is not so big like others. The problem is that I love my child and he has to know that for every Behavior - there is a Consequence. This is in life and consequences are not lovely when they are in real life given by others. Life will not be easy for him. Believe me, he improved a lot after each "punishment" by paying more attention ... several months ago he lost his Phone ... it cost me to buy him a new one and the consequence was some hard work in spelling (we moved from Qc to ON and he was in French school and he jumped himself in English ... and his writing was very bad ... ). So, there will be a consequence ... I am still thinking how to maximize his learning. Any suggestions? I am tired of being creative!

@JoshuaD  You can opt out of receiving promos texts and emails also going forward , that way such a situation should arise again 

@JoshuaD   you won't loss any rewards from plan change.  No worry

Just make sure you select "Change plan on renewal date", this is the option you want

JoshuaD

If I am changing the plan back to $25 will be the rewards lost for the oldest plan? I can see that they are still there for the new plan.

@JoshuaD wrote:

I was checking my phone and I saw that my child did that ... I will close his account and stop paying for his mistakes.

Maybe that is cruel punishment.  You can change the plan back.  This is a prepaid service, so there is no obligation to remain on any plan beyond the current plan cycle.  

JoshuaD

Thanks guys, I can see that was my son's mistake. He is 14een and he has ADHD and was not paying attention to the message. A behavior has consequences - he won't be anymore with PM. I will close his account.

@JoshuaD wrote:

I was checking my phone and I saw that my child did that ... I will close his account and stop paying for his mistakes.

@JoshuaD   Don't close the account now.  PM is prepaid and you won't get the money back by closing the account early.

to "close" the account, please login My Account, go to Payment page, then Manage payment method and disable Pre-Authorized payments

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/payment/manage-card-summaryhttps://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/payment/manage-card-summary

PM will not renew your acocunt on your next renewal day and account will be suspended.  90 more days, your account will be closed

But of course, another way is just to change plan back to $25 on your next renewal.  Follow my post above

HI @JoshuaD   

PM is prepaid, you already paid for the 30 days service enjoy till the end

Login to My Account and disable pre-aurhorized payments

JoshuaD

HI @JoshuaD   go to the text app, it will show you the text history

@JoshuaD  check text history 

JoshuaD

Not me ... how can I check?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JoshuaD   they won't change your plan.  Any plan change would have to be initiated by customers

Check your text history.  PM has been sending out promo text about the $40 plan.  All you need to do is to click YES to accepted.   Some people replied by mistake, some phones are smart enough to give you common phase to reply and you might have hit YES by accident

it is too late now.  But you can schedule back the $25 plan on your next renewal.  Login to My Account, go to Plan and addon page and Change my plan. Pick $25 plan from the 3G speed plan tab  and use the option Change plan on renewal date.  (DO NOT click Change plan now or PM will charge you $25 today to make an immediate plan change and you will end up lossing more money)

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/plan/change-planhttps://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/plan/change-plan

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@JoshuaD , Public Mobile did send out advertisements via SMS for the $40 plan.  Customers that responded to the text had their plans changed as explained in the text.  By chance did you respond to the text?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@JoshuaD   They cannot and they won't

But for the $40 plan, they have sent out sms and ask people to change plan simply by replying YES to the text

there is a chance you have replied yes. Check your text history. or check with whoever using the phone.  If you replied YES, they will schedule the plan change and therefore you got charged $40

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@JoshuaD  No they can’t and won’t , there was a promo text for 15GB for $40 all one had to do was reply YES to except it … could you or Simone else have replied to such a promo text by accident 

Need Help? Let's chat.