cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with US Roaming

lfaber
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I’ll start by saying that my experience with PM data roaming in the US has not been good. When roaming with T-Mobile, I saw more ‘E’ than anything else.  

I am currently in Florida roaming with AT&T. Though I have a plan, I do not have have internet service (4 bars signal). I had participated in previous threads regarding the turning down of AT&T’s 3G service. So I’m not sure if that’s happened or not. 

I would interested in feedback from others, and perhaps someone from PM 

20 REPLIES 20

@lfaber 

I'm glad this got sorted out for you.

I notice you gave yourself the solution for this issue even though another user correctly proposed the issue.

I would recommend you edit your selection to assign the solution to @Dunkman instead. 

You can do this by tapping the down arrow on the upper right of your post.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lfaber : Glad they got it sorted for you. The system won't let you buy the _same_ named item when current. But yes it also shouldn't let you buy talk or text multiple times due to the fact that they're unlimited features.

Your next hurdle of laughs will be when you want to re-buy. The add-ons start at the time you bought and go for 240 hours exactly. But now re-buying the same named item will still be unavailable to do it yourself. You can ask the CSA's to re-buy it. Or wait upwards to another 24 hours. Buuuut...you can buy a different named feature immediately after that 240 hours.

So like your talk/text/data, after 240 hours you can buy the talk/text. Or talk. Or text. But you'll see that you can't buy the same one.

lfaber

I simply bought too much and didn’t see my errors as I am on an iPhone and the interface is very difficult to see. 

A PM agent has resolved my issue and refunded the over purchases. 

It’s mind boggling that their system will allow an error like this to take place. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

So regulars...that's how they look under Plan Details. But you would also see the data items under My Data & Add-ons because they're a countable feature.

@lfaber : The roaming here has been peculiar since I've been here. They've fixed a few things but the ability to buy a similar feature multiple times is supposed to be problematic. Particularly talk.

So it surprises me that things worked for you. Did you have problems with T-Mobile and then bought the individual 250? I'm fine with your other data purchases. Stacking up talk and text didn't used to work but you say it did.

What is the exact chronology of buying all these add-ons? Maybe post screenshots of your payment history from here (not payment card).

@AE_Collector wrote:

That was my first thought as well. Why does it look as though multiples of each roaming service have been purchased? Maybe a 30-40 day trip so @lfaber bought 4 10 day talk plans but the assortment of data plans seems odd. In any event, a CSA will have to resolve this problem.

AE_Collector

Having never purchased a US Roaming add-on, I can't say how they display @AE_Collector 

I do think there may be more than one line item in the description for each Roaming add-on.

So even though we're seeing several line items, I'm thinking (but could be mistaken) that the OP didn't purchase 9 separate add-ons, rather only the add-ons with the dollar values to the right of them.

Still, that could very well be the issue.   I hope a CSA at least removes the extra ones and adds the purchase price for them to the OP's Available Balance for future use.

lfaber

I agree. I’ve opened a thread with customer support. 

what an an antiquated system!

thanks for your feedback. 👍

lfaber

LOL. Everything worked fine - until I started having issues with T-Mobile. I guess I bought more services when I didn’t need to. 

it’s ridiculous that the PM systems allow you to ‘break’ your service. 

That was my first thought as well. Why does it look as though multiples of each roaming service have been purchased? Maybe a 30-40 day trip so @lfaber bought 4 10 day talk plans but the assortment of data plans seems odd. In any event, a CSA will have to resolve this problem.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lfaber : I'm surprised anything works let alone not data. It's not supposed to. It looks like you bought talk/text/data, talk/text, 250, 500, 1gb. All that combined should not work.

Was your normal data working in Canada?

I wondered that too, @Dunkman .    I wonder if someone advised the OP to do this - hopefully not PM!

Strange how this new Community site seems to order and populate new posts within a thread - very challenging to follow along and add content which may be repetitive and/or perhaps no longer relevant to the discussion.  🙄

@lfaber wrote:

BD3B28E7-1E52-4122-99E6-98FA4F8E2E71.jpegmy current add-ons

Sorry, I missed the last post as I was commenting.  Looks like that you purchased multiple of the same type of add ons (ie. multiple data add ons).  There is a glitch in the system if you purchase the same type of add ons, it won't work.  You will need to contact customer service agent to correct this issue.  

Either submit a ticket via Simon the chat bot (which has been finicky recently) or private message a CSA via the following link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@lfaber wrote:

I am on a 3G plan in Canada, so I’m reluctant to reset anything. 

@lfaber   I understand there may be hesitancy to 'reset' anything. 

We're not advising you to reset your device, but simply the network connections.   This can be done via Automatic or Manual.   All smartphones have the ability to select the carrier network (and network type) which may best suit their device's capabilities or limitations.

If these manual setting selections fail to remedy an issue relating to calling/texting/data, simply revert back to the prior setting. 

It's worth a shot since you're paying for the add-on which has a 10-day limited time of use.

lfaber

Yes talk and text works. 

I’ve toggled and rebooted. Changed carriers etc. 

🤯

lfaber

Yup - active. I posted details of my over buying just before you commented

@lfaber 

Is talk and text working fine while in USA?

Which exact roaming package did you purchase?  

Maybe screen shot your plan details which will show your exact US roaming add ons.

Is it possible that you ran out of US data?

A few basic troubleshooting advice (if you have not tried).

Reboot your phone.

Toggle airplane mode on, then off.

Network reset of phone would reset all of your stored Wifi passwords also, but it should not affect your service when you return to Canada.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@lfaber wrote:

I’ll start by saying that my experience with PM data roaming in the US has not been good.

@lfaber 

I presume you DO HAVE an active US Roaming add-on still within the 10-day active period?

Check your plan details to ensure it's still in place.

lfaber

BD3B28E7-1E52-4122-99E6-98FA4F8E2E71.jpegmy current add-ons

lfaber

9C0275A9-3D57-454B-96A4-0F90C6A602A2.jpeg

 also note the currently available add-ons

lfaber

Thanks for taking the time to reply HALIMACS 😀

I did try changing to T-Mobile - no luck. Didn’t know I had that option. So thank you for that. 

I am on a 3G plan in Canada, so I’m reluctant to reset anything. 

When I check my account, I can see my active add-ons. So I am at a loss. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Are you able to select a different US network carrier from your available network connections listings while in Florida?

You could also try manually resetting network connections to see if your phone is capable of picking up different signals. (i.e. 3g vs 4g, etc)

Need Help? Let's chat.