cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Transferring or Changing your Phone Number

ash04
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I would like to transfer/ port over my Fongo home phone landline number to public mobile.  

At present, I already have current public mobile number which I would like to replace it with Fongo number. 

I have tried to submit Form  via my account link where it asking to provide IMEI number even I pre-selected landline. 

Appreciated your help to resolve it and guidance on how to initiate process successfully to port over landline Fongo number to PM.  

Thank you. 

7 REPLIES 7

@ash04   Thanks for the update.  Yes, 4 business to transfer from Fongo is not too bad 🙂

Enjoy your new service

ash04

Thanks @softech

My porting request completed successfully now after 4 business days. 

Thank you for all your assistance. 

Good News @ash04 !!!

Please note porting from Fongo could take longer could be 3 to 5 business days.  Also keep track of the emil you registered with Fongo in case they contact you for confirmation or your approval 

ash04

@softech  - Thank you very much for your assistance. 

I followed your steps and able to get hold to one of  CS Agent. He has assisted to complete my porting request. 

Thank you once again. 

@ash04 , Yes, with porting from Fongo,  there is no Account number field .  Maybe you need to open ticket with CS Support and put in the porting request that way:

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.  

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click  "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket".  Then follow to complete the ticket submission.     

2.  Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

ash04

@softech - Thanks for all details. 

I just followed same steps and after submitting, it reported following error messages. 

However, in change phone number Form in my account,  there is no field for account number neither serial number. I have already put alternate contact number as well as check authorized box. 

So now not sure where the problem exists. 

thank you once again. 

—————————————————-

Error message: 

Your Old Service Provider rejected your transfer request. Common mistakes:

•   • Account Number doesn’t match Old Service Provider records
  •  
  •   • Equipment Serial Number doesn’t match Old Service Provider records
  •  
  •   • Security PIN doesn’t match Old Service Provider records
  •  
  •   • Alternate Contact Number format (should be 10-digits, no spaces, no dashes)
  •  
  •   • Did not check the “I am authorized…” checkbox

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ash04   For moving from Fongo phone landline, you don't need  IMEI number for the porting request.  

You were using Change Phone Number on My Account and you entered the Fongo home phone number?  I just tested one, it should give you a form to fill in with name and address and Name on Old Service Provider account.  It didn't even ask you for account number.  It did ask you for Reseller name  and Old Account Password ,  i think you can skip those as it is optional.

You can submit it first and if any issue, PM will email you and there is a Porting team number you can call back and work out the missing details.

Need Help? Let's chat.