cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Network

MalinS
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am seriously over Public Mobile.  All of a sudden my network is on 1 bar and I can barely hear people when they call me and vice versa.  I’m missing important calls that don’t even come through.  I have attended to contact a Customer service agent multiple times and even though I am logged into my account I am being told to verify who I am.  I then verify and the next agent picks up the thread and asks me to do the same thing all over again.  I am all for being all digital but this is a problem! Even now I am trying to ask questions about 4 G vs 5 G and I still can’t get through and the experience is so terrible I’m at the point I’m happy to pay more just so someone can help me solve my problem. You might be cost effective but it’s useless when no one can help you when you have issues. 

39 REPLIES 39

@MalinS wrote

Well then that tower must have been down for months.  My whole home has been glitchy and it never was like that and I have done nothing at all.  I don’t know how to change to 3G.  Can you please advise on how to do that? 

From Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Dara Options > Voice & Data > Select 3G.

MalinS

He also has the same problem.  I have been with Public for years and he has for at least 2.  We have done nothing here.  Our phones are all on the newest iOS software and we are compatible.  I’m seeing many other that have been long time customers experiencing same issues. 

MalinS

Well then that tower must have been down for months.  My whole home has been glitchy and it never was like that and I have done nothing at all.  I don’t know how to change to 3G.  Can you please advise on how to do that? 

@MalinS wrote:

I don’t have another sim to try.  I have not had these issues until a few months now and nothing has changed around here.  My phone is fine and is compatible.  I am reluctant to upgrade any of mine or my sons plan if I can’t get this resolved 

Are your sons not having issues at the same place? Can you not try your sim card in their phones or their sim cards in your phone to test?

@MalinS wrote:

There is nothing wrong with my phone . I have been with Public for years and just recently started having all these issues.  My phone is compatible with Volte but I don’t know how to check that.  I’ve searched all types of articles on here and I can see I’m not the only one.  I have an iPhone.  My whole home is totally glitchy and I had no problems before. I am not gonna get another SIM card or test on another phone that I don’t have.  The issue is with Public.  Everything was fine for years and now it’s terrible.  I’ve lived in the same place for 4 years 

What if a closest LTE cellular tower is down right now near your area? How is the signal in any other main areas around your place? If you get good signal elsewhere, then the issue is not with Public Mobile or your phone. Try switching your iPhone to 3G only and see how it is then. 

MalinS

I don’t have another sim to try.  I have not had these issues until a few months now and nothing has changed around here.  My phone is fine and is compatible.  I am reluctant to upgrade any of mine or my sons plan if I can’t get this resolved 

MalinS

There is nothing wrong with my phone . I have been with Public for years and just recently started having all these issues.  My phone is compatible with Volte but I don’t know how to check that.  I’ve searched all types of articles on here and I can see I’m not the only one.  I have an iPhone.  My whole home is totally glitchy and I had no problems before. I am not gonna get another SIM card or test on another phone that I don’t have.  The issue is with Public.  Everything was fine for years and now it’s terrible.  I’ve lived in the same place for 4 years 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Can you try your sim in another phone to see if it's a problem with your phone. And maybe even try a different sim in your phone.

What's your question about 4G and 5G?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@MalinS Problem could very well be on your phone or area. Have you tried cleaning and reinserting your PM SIM? Have you tried changing the network mode to 3G? How is the signal then? How is the signal in other main areas? Have you tried your sim in any other phone? Try friend's Koodo/Telus/Bell sim card in your phone and see how the signal is. Evaluate where the issue lies. Is it the device, area or service having issues. 

Need Help? Let's chat.