cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue porting a number from Public Mobile

NataliiaI
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was porting my number out of Public mobile last night, and I got all the way to replying "yes" to an SMS. My service got deactivated with Public but never activated on the new network. I'm in limbo without being able to do anything with my old number and porting is not going through. What can be done here? 

6 REPLIES 6

NataliiaI

Cancelled by Public it is

NataliiaI

Now the issue is that on their side they see the request to port my number as cancelled and Public Mobile sees it as completed. I’m in a vicious circle 

NataliiaI

Hey! Thanks for the tips! The number is deactivated indeed, I’ve sent a message for support

@NataliiaI 

Confirm your account has been deactivated/closed by putting your PM sim in your phone and dialing 611.

If it has contact an agent :

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Keep an eye on the envelope icon in top right hand corner for a reply from the agent.

NataliiaI

They said it's some system glitch, and they're unable to bring in my old number. and that if they did anything, I'd need to have access to my old number. which is not possible at this point

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@NataliiaI 

So did you reply Yes? Once you port out your account is closed. What did your new carrier say? Is it a problem on their end?

Need Help? Let's chat.