cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this Public Mobile survey real?

Bvereshagen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been getting emails claiming to be from Public Mobile regarding a survey. It asks me to go to the following link: https://survey.confirmit.ca/wix/p120030041299.aspx?__sid__=xh89BzAzamRoSCdDZHhU_sst2j8qL1Yn8k4DTk7ZL... . Is this real or a phishing scam?

41 REPLIES 41

@computergeek541  , yes, there is such security , which is good

however, I am also managing my parent's phone which she does not live with me.. so, it would be an issue for me.

Also, when people lost the phone or so, then the only solution in that case is to open a ticket with the mod.. and maybe you can't even go to the website to report lost/stolen or suspend service if they take away the web access completely

@softech wrote:

interesting questionnaire .. remove your ability to manage your account on PM website and then only allow user to use an App to manage account..

I certainly like the idea for the app, but have to take away the website ??? I think i would say no.

I believe that what Public Mobile could be going for here is account security.  These types of app and account management techniques usually require your mobile data to go through a proxy so that Public Mobile can verify that the change is being made by someone using that phone number. Unfortunatley, I do know that this type of proxy cause problems logging into many types of websites, including some web based e-mail provider and some banking websites. To completely eliminate the self serve websites, some type of USSD code would have to be used so that those without mobile data can access the account. 

interesting questionnaire .. remove your ability to manage your account on PM website and then only allow user to use an App to manage account..

I certainly like the idea for the app, but have to take away the website ??? I think i would say no.

@BearFBI wrote:

I want the link too. Can anyone send it over ?

@BearFBI , haha.. you know how.. open a ticket with Mod ..  🙂🤣😅

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I want the link too. Can anyone send it over ?

@Bvereshagen 

When I click on the link provided by you it seems pretty legit and you must have thought so to since its been completed already.....dang it I thought I had a way in.....

Screenshot_20210303-121327.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I received this only to my third account. BC number, AB address. I've seen PM use cicic research before so I think it's legit, but as soon as demographic questions are asked, I'm out.

@Luddite 

I want this survey! There seems to be some very significant questions that I have an opinion on....I am keeping an eye on my email(s)!

An Oracle received a legit survey with some odd questions. For example:

Screenshot 2021-03-03 at 2.56.26 PM.png

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

does it come from an email address that sent you valid email before?

Did it mention what kind of Survey is that?  If there is a topic, maybe you can share to see if anyone else got the same thing..

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Bvereshagen 

Personally, I would avoid clicking on any 'survey' sent unless you're expecting, or requested, to receive one.

However, the choice is yours.

You could ask the Moderators if it is legit if you really wanted to know.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.