cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is public Mobile adding 1.5% to bills?

gorf19
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have Autopay set up and use my Credit Card to pay the bill. Is PM going to add 1.5% like mothership Telus?

6 REPLIES 6

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Can anyone speak to which kind of transaction is completed for those who use a visa debit to pay from your checking account? Since it's online is it still processed as a visa? 

Just wondering if that's a way of avoiding these fees should they happen in the future, or if even that wouldn't matter ? I don't have one currently, I'd need to ask my bank for one

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

They don't need it! They made profits and took the government subsidy anyway during the height of c19. They charge people an arm and a leg already vs cost to actually provide the service. They just don't need it!!

Even if we get visa debit, here at public the site will likely process it as a credit card, since that's the whole point of visa debit is to be able to buy online like a credit card. 

It would make vouchers the only fee free option. For me my card gives 1% cash back, but 1.5% eats that up and then some. Telus people could make the point to once a month go in with cash. Or add telus as a checking account bill payment. But we cannot, right ? Or can we? Can it be set up so that we can, should this fee come to fruition? So that it's treated as a debit? 

It's just pure greed and they don't need it, and I hope it doesn't even stick at telus nevermind trickle down. Pure money grab, we can all see right through it

Al01
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi @gorf19 

As of yet, nothing has been announced. Hopefully not, but this may happen in the future.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @gorf19   Only Telus for now, not even Koodo

I hope we are safe.  If not, they will have to add more than 2% to the rewards to cover it, LoL

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@gorf19 , nothing has been announced yet.  It is quite possible that this happens sometime in the future.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@gorf19   At this point NO.  Telus is not adding this to PM customers 

Of course we won't know what will happen in the future.  

Need Help? Let's chat.