cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to port a number that is not registered under my name?

s3s
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm planning on switching from Fido to Public Mobile and I would like to keep my current number, but the account linked to it isn't under my name. It's under my dad's because I was a teen when I got my first phone. I can have the account information though. Would it still work if I follow the steps on the website? 

11 REPLIES 11

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'm confused????????

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

you need send a private message to @Moderator_Team.

In your message put it, please include.

- your account number

- your phone number 

- your account PIN

- Detailed explanation of specific your NEW Plan 

Good Luck

@Anonymous, this is your response to every question posed and 90% of the time it is wrong.  Forum members have ported in 1000's of numbers in all different situations and are able to help this person out, without a moderator.  I am really not sure if you even read the questions or just do a copy paste.  We really like it when everyone contributes to the community but it is all about the quality not quantity of the posts that matters.

I tried addressing this matter with him via pm and this is what he said:

"hey

i'm understand

everyone everybody have which like to do ok

but don't worry
take care and be nicely"

fsm7268
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

good to know. thanks

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jp2 I'm pretty sure the supposition here is that they actually have the parent's blessing in this case.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jp2

Technically you should not be using your dad's info as per the terms and conditions. Instead have your dad fill out the info or have him add you to his account as am authorized person.

The box you check at the very bottom says you are authorized if your dad owns the number and doesn't give you permission technically he owns the number and can keep it. I'm sure sure he will be happy for you to get your own account though. I know my parents were happy I started paying for my own service. 

It makes no difference if the name on a account that will have a number ported in matches that of the name of the account that the phone number is coming from.

When porting to Public Mobile, you simply need to know the name of the account holder from the old provider.  At some carriers, they don't even ask for the name of the account hold from the previous provider. 

closng

I don't believe you even need to fill out your dad's information in the form, from personal experience, I ported my brother's account (which was under my name at the time) into Public Mobile, to his name . As long as you have the correct information necessary for the port, it should go through (account number and pin).

@Anonymous wrote:

- your account number

- your phone number 

- your account PIN

- Detailed explanation of specific your NEW Plan 

Good Luck

@Anonymous, this is your response to every question posed and 90% of the time it is wrong.  Forum members have ported in 1000's of numbers in all different situations and are able to help this person out, without a moderator.  I am really not sure if you even read the questions or just do a copy paste.  We really like it when everyone contributes to the community but it is all about the quality not quantity of the posts that matters.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

You should be able transfer the number from your own account. When filling in the transfer form just be sure to enter your dad's name exactly as shown in the Fido account and click "I am authourized".

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

- your account number

- your phone number 

- your account PIN

- Detailed explanation of specific your  Plan 

Good Luck

Lg85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @s3s

I have a similar experience with porting a number for my cousin in which the account was under his dad's name. When you follow the steps to port to Public Mobile, use your dad's info first. Once successfully ported, you can change the profile information and use your own name. 

So yes, it will still work. 

Need Help? Let's chat.