cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone else having issues with inconsistently receiving / successfully sending texts?

carodelsk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

In the GTA, been having this issue on and off for the past bit. First noticed it a month ago when a contact in Windsor, ON, was missing my texts. It has been really bad all day today with multiple numbers. Tried getting support but after turning off and on my phone and having support refresh the network settings, it's still not working. Considering switching providers if this continues unfortunately.

The issue is:

1. I'm not receiving some texts here and there. 
2. Despite my phone marking texts as "Sent", they are not being delivered to the recipient. 

7 REPLIES 7

eyes
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I don't want to display my number when calling or texting --Didn't even know that there was an RCS option , just tried the suggestion to delete the RCS option and it seems to have worked for me. Now when I long press on an iMessage it gives me the option to sent it in green.

El_Gato
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Try turning off RCS and see if things improve.———With RCS turned off, the messages you send and receive revert to traditional SMS/MMS text format until you activate RCS again

hi @carodelsk 

the proper settings of iPhone users to be able to send iMessage to iOS user and text to Android users is to enable iMessage, enable Send as SMS and MMS.  the Send and receive must display both the Apple ID phone number and email address.

Try that

carodelsk

I’ve tried flipping it on but my ability to receive and successfully send texts is spotty. They are primarily android users.

hi @carodelsk I wonder if the problem is actually because you have iMessage off

Those who tried to send you buy the messages didn't come, are they Apple users??

carodelsk

iPhone Xs Max. I do not use iMessage, it is flipped to off.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @carodelsk iPhone or Android? 

If Android, you can clear app cache or delete app data to start fresh

if iPhone, that could be a problem of iMessage, especially if the other end is Android 

Need Help? Let's chat.