cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is $40 for 4GB plan still available?

cherylee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi There,

I know that $40 for 4GB/month plan promotion period is from Oct 25-Nov 20th.

But I do not see it under "Plans" now, instead of it now $40 for 2GB plan.....

Just wanna check if the promotion still valid until Nov 20th or the deal is dead.

Thanks!!

15 REPLIES 15

surrey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

MikeC
Let's see what @Brooke_C thinks

MikeC
Well this promotion is meant to take business away from the other big companies...and it worked! I've been with rogers for as long as I can remember and just because of a technical difficulty I think it would be silly to turn my business away and keep me with a competitor.

I will purchase another SIM if I have to

balvinder

No Sorry I dont believe it is, however for $40 you can still have 2GB per month 

MikeC
Hi, I have been a Rogers customer for the last decade or so. My contract with them expired at the beginning of October and I came across PM's promotion of 4GB for $38/month on November 11th (Ontario). I ordered the SIM card that day and went on a trip related to my studies so I figured I would just activate when I got back. I recently returned to find out that the SIM has not been delivered (it looks like I haven't been charged either, which is good), however it seems that I can no longer get this promotion.

Would there be a way that I can still get the deal... because I was really looking forward to it and it is frustrating that no one at Canada Post seems to know what's going on. In the spirit of Black Friday, would this be possible?

Thanks

noodlesforever

Unfortunately, they pulled the deal from the website a few days ago because anyone ordering a SIM online would not receive it in time to take advantage of the deal.  There was also limited quantities of SIMs that could be picked up in person Friday and Saturday only in Vancouver/Toronto/Montreal for people to try to take advantage of the deal.

Since you weren't able to get a SIM from either method I think you'll have to wait for the next promo to come around to take advantage.  When I ordered my SIM card it arrived in 2 business days.

sameer76
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

THank you for the information. I live in Ottawa and would love to sign up for this plan. However I am unable to find it online and also since i do not have a SIM, unable to use the activate page to activate (since it asks for a SIM number). I tried ordering the SIM online, but get the message " need to come back next week since we’ve temporarily stopped shipping SIM cards. ". Since I am in Ottawa, there is no store I can go to for the SIM card either. Please help me get on this plan.

Much appreciated

Thanks

Sameer

ehsan

@Luddite

Thanks for helping me on this.

It was my long last name that coused the issue. However, after following the steps you mentioned to port my Koodo number, after entering the Koodo account number and alternative phone number I was getting this error with  Chrome Ubuntu, Chrome Windows, Firefox Ubuntu, Firefox windows.

We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance.

When I tried using Internet explorer, it fixed it.

Thanks all again for your help. 

@ehsan Try again after clearing your browser's cache and turning off any add/popup blocker. If you have long name(s) enter shorter versions. Here's the rest of the port-in "tricks":

- if coming from Koodo do not use the same email address for Koodo and Public Mobile

- do not request the port-in during activation; take a temporary number, log out, confirm all services are active, log back into your account and select Transfer Number under Change Phone Number

- do not use any identifier except your account number EXACTLY as shown on your bill; it is the best item for any port-in request

- do not make any errors in the Authourized User; this must be EXACTLY as it appears on your bill

- do not use your number as the Alternate Number; use someone else's

- do not forget to click "I am authourized ...." BEFORE you entering your number (courtesy imm1304)

- do not cancel your account; that will happen automatically

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ehsan

Hello,

I already ordered the SIM card and successfully have ported my wife number, however, after one day when I tried to activated the SIM for myself, I was getting the province drop down list empty on the second step of activation. I am porting my number from Koodo so I need to select a new number on step2 o activation. Since then(This Monday) I have sent a coupe of message in the portal, send a private mesage to some Moderators, Yet, no response.

So disappointed. 

Thanks Brooke_C. That is what i first thought as i saw that its available in self-serve. 

Oh man rfd is fast Smiley Surprised

Hey everyone, 

We have removed the promo plan from the website; however the plan is still available in the activation portal and in Self-Serve. 

Since we have temporarily stopped SIM ordering, we wanted to take this down from our website, as those who have not yet ordered a SIM or will not be picking it up at one of our 3 urban locations this Friday or Saturday, will not be able to receive a SIM card in enough time take advantage of the plan. 

Full details on pick-up locations that will be held this Friday and Saturday in Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal will be posted tomorrow at 9AM. Thanks for your patience!

balvinder

I just Transferred to it , so I guess it

MasterOogway

I signed up to this plan today. Like 10mins ago. I think its hidden from general promotion now because even if you order a sim today it won't reach you by the time this promotion ends which is the 20th. When you go through the sign up before the 20th if you choose 90-day/province-wide/global text/12gbs you will see the promotion assuming you already have the sim.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Yes, it's no longer showing. What's up @Brooke_C????

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.