cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM arror on Web Activation Page

AJS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I attempted a web activation a few minutes ago, but was unable to proceed passed the "Let's Get Started" step.  I entered the SIM card number followed by my personal details, accepted the Service terms and clicked on "Continue" but the page did not advance and I got an error on the top of the page that simply says "Invalid SIM". 

I read through some posts and I assume this happens when an activation fails generally at a later step, but I was never able to get passed step 1.

I guess this means, I can't take advantage of the 90 day / 12GB / unlimited provincial / unlimited global text promo. 

If this is something I can fix on my own, please let me know what steps I should try.

I tried again on a different computer with the same results, so this is not browser or cache related.

4 REPLIES 4

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @AJS

I'm sorry about this!

Are you able to use your services now? I see that your account is active and everything looks good on our end? Could you reboot your phone if you haven't already done so? 

I see that you haven't created a Self Serve account either. Could you try to create a new one? 

Let me know how that goes!

Saray 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

AJS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Thanks I triple checked, I entered all 19 digits. Must be a bad SIM.

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Did you double check the SIM # to make sure you're not entering an extra zero mine had four zeroes but a friend entered five by mistake and got the same error? 

cheeseburger
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It is clear to us we will not be able to help everyone between now and the closure of this promotion on Sunday. We will not be extending this promotion but we will honour the promotion for anyone who had activation or porting failures during the promotion period (October 25-November 20).

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Doing-wireless-different-has-its-ups-and...

Need Help? Let's chat.