cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Canadian Number

tina9099
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Tried activating a PM account and transfer my number from Telus. Went through the entire process getting an error message at the end telling me to create a ticket (error 821). Realized that I need to be in incognito mode in Chrome as I did with previous activations to be successful. Now after doing this I get an error saying not a valid Canadian number and cannot move forward to choose the plan. I should add that the Telus plan is still on contract and I am taking the penalty. Help!

8 REPLIES 8

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@tina9099 

No your contract would not affect your ability to transfer or port your phone number into Public mobile. Although with a device subsidy it's better to port your phone number in a day or two into your new billing period of the contract rather than the end of the billing period. If your activation was not successful you can activate with a temporary  phone number and port your number in later through your self serve account. ( Choose an Alberta phone # to save the pst on your plan amount.)

@tina9099   Also check your credit card to see if  PM already charged, there is a chance yet

If PM charged your credit card, you put the PM sim card and it cannot connect to PM network, there could be a bit more problem with the activation, you will need to open ticket with CS agent then

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

tina9099

Thank you!

tina9099

I cannot log in to the account. I wonder is it because I am still in a contract with the phone number I am transferring?

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@tina9099 

If your new account didn't get created successfully and you can't login to your account, then you may have to get a Customer Support Agent to fix that for you.

But if you can login to your account ok, then your fine.

hi @tina9099   actually, your first attempt was successfully activated, and hence your 2nd attempt got that error

You can put in your PM sim card and it should connect

however, your porting was  the porting, so line was activated but porting  info has problem.  I will message you a phone number to call porting team.  Talk to them and they will advise what to do 

Please check your Community inbox, envelope icon on top right

tina9099

Yes postpaid. Got an error message on first attempt code 821), then went incognito mode and that is when I got the invalid Canadian number (so yes 2nd attempt).

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @tina9099   Telus number should be able to port in

But are you Telus postpaid plan?

You can confirm after the porting eligibility here , but you should be ok

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do

is that a 2nd attempt to activate?

a workaround is to activate first, and then request porting on My Account or via ticket with CS agent after

Need Help? Let's chat.