cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet access

jwalker1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I have plenty of data but can't add access the internet or LTE when away on from home. My APN is okay,,I have a different phone and new SIM card. Nothing works. Any idea on how to access the internet,?

9 REPLIES 9

@jwalker1   can you confirm what do you have for  the line  APN Type?

jwalker1

i had a new sim card in a new phone and activated the new sim card. also checked the apn and it seems ok

@jwalker1   Would be nice if you know how to take screenshot and show us the APN settings you have 

What brand and model is your phone?

Compare your APN with this one.  Keep in mind, space or case could be an issue for some phone:

Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy:
Port:
Username: <blank>
Password: <blank>
Server:
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS Proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
MMS Port: 8799
MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication Type: Not Set
APN Type: default,supl,mms
default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type:GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

jwalker1

i have tried using another phone, have followed the advice on this board, have increased thrr dta in my plan, looked for help articles and submitted a ticket.  still no internet access this is an android o

phone,  i don't know how to do screen shots

JL9
Mayor / Maire

If you don't have another phone you can maybe borrow one and swap the sim into that to see if it s a device issue, if it isn't it is most likely the APN settings as mentioned.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jwalker1 - you have plenty of data...so you are seeing the data line listed in the overview section of your self serve account under this area then ? If so, great.

esjliv_0-1601855734940.png

If you performed a SIM swap through the Change Sim Card feature in your self serve, does your account status say Active?

If your account status is Active - also, try:

• restarting your phone
  • toggle into airplane mode then back again
  • perform a reset of your device's network settings.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jwalker1   and what you meant by a new SIM card?  is that new sim card activated with another account?  Your new SIM card won't be useful unless it is activated, or you change SIM card to the new on via My Account.  If you choose to use the Change SIM Card option, once you changed to the new one, the old SIM would no longer be useful.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jwalker1 wrote:

Hello, I have plenty of data but can't add access the internet or LTE when away on from home. My APN is okay,,I have a different phone and new SIM card. Nothing works. Any idea on how to access the internet,?

@jwalker1   Your voice is working ?  if so, look like the APN is the problem

What kind of phone do you have?  Model and brand?

Was data ever work on your current phone on PM network?

You said you have different phone, you put your PM sim in different phones and you cannot have the Mobile data working in any of them?

Do you have an active SIM from another provider, maybe borrow one from your friend for testing? put it on your current phone and see if it works

Did you try to use your data in different area instead of just your home?

Make sure your Mobile Data is turned on.  

Make sure you didn't set a data limit on your phone 

And if possible, send us screenshot of your APN settings

@jwalker1 wrote:

Do you have another phone that you can try using data services on? This will help determine if the issue is with your Public Mobile account or with the device's setttings.

Need Help? Let's chat.