cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International texting

Helen62
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Besides the cost savings, one of the perks that lured me into switching to Public Mobile a few months back, was the fact that there was unlimited international texting. Yesterday, I did a day trip to the U.S. and tried texting back home to Canada and it would not allow me to. I am very disappointed. What does unlimited international texting mean? Is it just from Canada?

4 REPLIES 4

Meow
Mayor / Maire

ALL PM advertised features work WHILE you are in Canada.

Being in US and trying to text back to Canada will NOT work unless you bought US add-on text package.

Nevertheless you might be able to receive SMS while in US (without add-on) but not to send.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Helen62   Unlimited international texting just means you can receive texting form people in other countries when you are in Canada connected to PM network.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Helen62 

Interestingly, you should be able to receive texts while in the United States without 10 day roaming packages.  Just unable to send texts.  Otherwise, international texting works if located in Canada.  

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Helen62 Hi yes you are correct , it is from canada to where ever , a US roaming add on is needed in the states 😊

Need Help? Let's chat.