cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International or not?

natalija
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I got a message from Public Mobile, an offer for 2GB of data and "500 free intl. long-distance minutes". When I log in the account, under promotions there is only "500 Canada Wide Long Distance Minutes". So, you advertise one and actually offer something else? Not nice!

Cheers,

Natalija

19 REPLIES 19

no worry @natalija as long as you understand we should not be the target.  LoL

actually Community with dedicated customers like here is not uncommon.   Rogers,  Fido, Telus,  Koodo all have Communities and people know those are sites that they can get support quicker than waiting at helpers for many issues 

just that PM is different from others that all its support is online.   But why? cos your plan is cheaper now

It's understandable @natalija , however it's also good to do one's homework so your frustrations are directed to the appropriate group of folks.

That would not be us.

Here's the best thing about PM (and pre-paid services in general)... you can't get charged for more than that which you've previously paid to receive.   You can call anyone/anywhere in the world to 'test' the international calling and the worst that will happen is your call won't connect, meaning you don't have the international calling add-on.

Did you get this text from 4911:

"Public Mobile here. To get you in the spirit of the season, Public Mobile is giving you a one-time gift of 2GB of free data and 500 free intl. long-distance minutes. Reply YES2 to instantly apply these add-ons to your account. Must be claimed by Dec. 31, 2022. Plus, get a bonus 1GB of free data with Public Points. To be excluded from Public Mobile offers and deals, reply STOP. Conditions apply."

If so, did you reply "YES2" to it?

If so, did you then get this:

"Public Mobile: Your 2GB bonus one-time data add-on and your 500 international long-distance bonus minutes one-time add-on has been added to your account. The data and the minutes will remain on your account until fully used up. See in Self-Serve."

If so, then you received the data and international bonuses.

Yippee!!!

natalija

Sorry, I never used this and believed it is a type of Public Mobile support which every customer deserves. I am surprised people are ready to commit their time to answer these questions instead of the ones who are responsible for it. So, thank you all for the suggestions!

@natalija wrote:

I see, you are not actual support which can't be reached since the chat is not available. :((( Not a happy customer!

Well, excuse me (and all the other fantastic community members) for volunteering my/our time to steer you in the right direction.

You got the proper instructions for reaching CSA in your other thread. It does work. 

I just went through the process outlined there and went through the steps of opening a ticket (since I don't really need the support I didn't go all the way through the last step as to not tie up valuable CSA time) - it worked flawlessly and was a matter of a minute or so.

Oh, and as a side note.... I might show my age here, but I never complain about gifts I'm getting. Even if they don't perfectly match my usage patterns.

You had unclearly said "got a message". I got an email. Then I got a text. We are to reply to the text.

Here is the bottom bit of an account that has the promo box item like you and above that the freebie minutes.

dust2dust_0-1671143386391.png

So click on any of those bottom spinner arrows and see if anything new shows up. And did you in fact reply to the text (not email)?

hi @natalija I sense you got mad at the wrong person

PM support can be reached, if you have trouble with Chatbot, direct message them

natalija

I see, you are not actual support which can't be reached since the chat is not available. :((( Not a happy customer!

@natalija wrote:

Please read my initial message. I got the text message saying international, but when I log in says Canadian. I can respond to the message and assume they are international, but don't want to use them and then get a big bill. Since I got confirmation they are actually international, I'll use them and if I get charged, I'll show them this thread.

a) As mentioned above you need to reply YES2 to the text  sent from the 4911 short code to get the promo 2GB and 500 international minutes.

b) This is prepaid, no surprise charges. If you have no according add-on for a service the call will just not connect.

c) We're all fellow customers here, with extensive knowledge that comes from experience with this service. We can't help with issues that need account access - for that Customer Service Agents (Public Mobile employees) can be reached by opening a ticket through the chatbot.

natalija

Please read my initial message. I got the text message saying international, but when I log in says Canadian. I can respond to the message and assume they are international, but don't want to use them and then get a big bill. Since I got confirmation they are actually international, I'll use them and if I get charged, I'll show them this thread.

That's not the seasonal freebie one. Perhaps you had been suspended and you cam back and they gave that to you automatically. (I have the exact one).

The seasonal freebies are above that.

You need to respond to a text (not email) from here to get the freebies. Did you get the text?

natalija

This is what I see. I'll use 500 minutes and let you if I get charged by you.natalija_0-1671140180426.png

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

You should have 500 International minutes:

Yummy_0-1671139815179.png

Hi @natalija you plan has unlimited Canada wide, they other you 500 LD bonus to call other countries, what is the problem??

natalija

My plan covers calls in Canada, but you offered me 500 international minutes. You know what my plan covers. Now, is your offer valid or not?

@natalija 

The Public Mobile website has many , many glitches. So that is what you have to do to see the lastest information in your account.

Hi @natalija 

yes, the site is buggy 

the simple way is to clicl Refresh spinner

or clear cache first,

or click Ctrl F5

or use Incognito mode

natalija

I tried Firefox and Chrome. This is a problem on your side. Why would I look through different browsers and modes just to reach the info and how can I know it is old? Your webpage should be made properly.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@natalija 

Your normal plan covers calls Canada wide and the international calling covers USA and other selected countries.

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@natalija 

Try logging into your account using a different browser in incognito or private mode instead.  Try again.

Then refresh the page using the little circular refresh wheel.

You might be looking at old information.

Yes those holiday gifts minutes are for international calling.

Need Help? Let's chat.