cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Talk Add On 400min not working

thane95x
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey, I purchased a 10$ International calling add on upon my 35$ plan to call back home in Bangladesh. Yet, every time I try to call there (using the country code +880 infront of the number ofcourse), I get to hear an automated message telling me that I do not have access to this service.

Please sort it out!

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rifat wrote:

The new holiday international free 500 min can be used to make phone calls to Bangladesh. I tried calling from my phone and it worked 😀

@rifat : Interesting. Do you have any of the other new long distance add-ons? Or any of the older ones? The 500 minute add-on appears to be the same list as the old 400 minute one. But Bangladesh is not on either.

rifat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The new holiday international free 500 min can be used to make phone calls to Bangladesh. I tried calling from my phone and it worked 😀

@Petra16Make sure you have followed the steps to purchase add ons here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974/hig...

The system is not intuitive.. you might have just loaded the credits but haven't actually bought any add ons.

Petra16

I have purchased the 15 dollars add on 400 minutes of international talk. It is showing on my account as active, but when try to deal the number to United Kingdom it is saying that my current plan does not support the talk. I have the plan for 50 dollars a month. I don't understand. Could someone help? I wrote to the Moderator but I have to wait 72 hours... I need to make an urgent call to my bank in the UK. Thanks

@thane95xPer the terms of service all addons are non refundable.

You can try to ask the moderators for a refund, but they are not obligated to.

thane95x

Hey guys,

I normally use Whatsapp / Messenger to call at Bangladesh all the time. I only purchased this International add on to call my Bank, to take information regarding my credit card which is issued from a Bank in Bangladesh.

Anyways, I couldn't use a single minute. Any possible way I can apply for a refund?

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@thane95x wrote:

Hey, I purchased a 10$ International calling add on upon my 35$ plan to call back home in Bangladesh. Yet, every time I try to call there (using the country code +880 infront of the number ofcourse), I get to hear an automated message telling me that I do not have access to this service.

Please sort it out!

Bangladesh is not listed as part of the Long Distance Countries. Even if it was you still wouldn't be able to call because there is no $10 Long Distance Add on. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You could buy a long distance calling card or use wf-fi apps like Fongo, Skype, Textnow or Whatsapp.

maheshboloor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@thane95x Like others suggested, use one of the many voip apps. I use whatsapp and I am sure it's super popular in Bangladesh. Haven't used any carrier service to call my folks in India in a few years. Whatsapp is getting better and better with its call quality and works flawlessly 99% of the time.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@thane95xTo be able to call Bangladesh via a long distance add on, you will need to upgrade up a tier to Koodo (at least prepaid)

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/long-distance-travel-and-roaming-prepaid

TheGx

For free international calling, I use Signal Private Messenger App, it's free and private and uses less data then other apps - but you'll have to get others you're calling to download the app too, but you can do that free with the free international texts that Public offers.

There's other similar free internet apps that you can use too, instead of wasting $ on buying addons or calling cards etc. I use the free international texts on my Public plan and Signal app for all my international communicating, it saves me $.

TheGx

Bangladesh is not one of the countries included in that addon, so you can't call there with this Public addon, click on this link to read more about which countires are included in the addon you bought:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Calling-an-international-phone-number/m...

Also, you can try writting to the Moderators via private message to see if they'll give you a refund/credit since you didn't read the details of the addon, click the below link to read about how to contact them:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

Need Help? Let's chat.