cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insufficient Data after Activation

BlueOwl360
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just completed the process for transferring my phone plan between Koodo and Public on my Google Plex 4a (5g). I selected the $40 plan that would provide me 15 GB of data. I even put the code to obtain an additional 12 GB of data. It showed me that the process successfully completed. I have received their texts letting me know I successfully set up my account and I can see Public listed as my service provider in my phone settings. After the set up I restarted my phone and went to check my data and there was only 2 GB of data available. Not sure whether I am supposed to wait for things to fix themselves or if I need technical help to resolve this.

9 REPLIES 9

@BlueOwl360 

the 2gb add-on and 500min should already be in your account since you just finished activating.

scroll down to the add-ons and press the refresh icon

Screenshot_20221204-073327~3.png

@BlueOwl360   for the 2GB bonus and the 500 LD calls bonus, you will eventually get a text from PM  You just need to reply YES2 and it will add to your account within 24 hours.  After that, you can also login to My Rewards  site (https://www.publicmobile.ca/myrewards )and you can get extra 1GB from the add-on catalogue there

BlueOwl360
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for everyone's help. It appears under the My Account page it does show up as 15GB available. Seems like my phone will eventually catch up. 

One additional item. I thought there was an additional 2 GB data for the Christmas special that should have automatically been added to my account on top of what I was to receive. Is there something I need to do to obtain this? From what I read under the promotional details seemed it should automatically have been added. 

Thanks again for any and all answers.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@BlueOwl360   You shouldn't see just 2GB of data available.  Did you get the number from My Account?  Any chance you got mixed up the the 2GB bonus add-on from the Holiday?

Login to My Account, go to Plan & Addons, you should see the 15GB under Plan Usage on the left side of the page if you are using desktop mode.  The add-on Usage on the right side of the page is not your regular monthly usage

If it really just showing 2GB, please open ticket with PM Support:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

HI @powerg21   I don't think it is the case with OP.  OP newly joined PM and it should the correct plan details.  The idea for cache problem should not even be an issue here

powerg21
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It could take a couple of days for your account to show the correct plan.  I switched to the $40/15GB plan and the day it was switched over, it still showed my old plan.  After a day or two, the correct plan showed up on my account.  

Pmob007
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think such offers tend to slide in over night or from your billing cycle, From my own personal experience with public mobile for over 3 years of stay

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @BlueOwl360 first, the 12 GB extra does not apply for $40 for 15gb plan

So, you should just get 15gb.  please login My Account and check the plan details.  please post the screenshot of that.  it should show 15gb

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@BlueOwl360 

Try logging into your account using a browser in incognito or private mode.

Your probably looking at old cached information 

Need Help? Let's chat.