cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information needed to port away from PM

reemkhan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

What information would I need to port a number away from Public Mobile? Would it just be account number and phone number?

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

The number portability rules when it comes to the information need for proving that a phone number transfer is authorized is the same accross all carriers, and was deliberately set up this way so that would be a standard.

Here are the rules:

https://www.cwta.ca/for-consumers/wireless-number-portability/#4

Direct quote from CWTA about transfering from one cell phone company to another:

"Wireless-to-Wireless Customers – If you can, bring your wireless phone and most recent monthly bill with you when you visit your new prospective service provider. If you don’t have a bill, your new service provider will need to know your telephone number and one of the following: your account number; your password /PIN; or your phone’s ESN/IMEI numbers which are located on the back of your phone under the battery. Your new service provider can assist you to identify your ESN (Electronic Serial Number) or IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity)."

mohammedessam
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
All you need is the account number and ur phone number

@1q3er5 removing credit card is to ensure you are not billed again (esp if on 90 day plan)

In the rare case account becomes suspended it is far cheaper to reactivate on 10 day plan then port

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
The account should terminate automatically no need to do anything after porting.

1q3er5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

isn't it bad to delete your credit card info early?  I read on CRTC it says not to cancel anything until the number has been ported

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@reemkhan account + phone is one option to port out

The best bit of info to go with your phone number is your account number (top right corner after you log into your account). Don't forget to turn off autopay and delete your credit card info.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

sm2016
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@reemkhan The process should be similar to when you ported in.

Just give your next provider the phone number, IMEI, and authorized authority. Nothing needs to be done on the PublicMobile end

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@reemkhan, I would suggest taking a look inside self serve, and find the Change Number option, where you'll see the requirements to PORT IN to PublicMobile.

Once you know what you need with Public, you can find that info, to port in at another carrier.

Self Serve link : https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

Need Help? Let's chat.