cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect ESN/MEID

Dream4reality
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I transferred my number from Fido to Public, I received Fido's confirmation of this but then I received a text from Public saying they are having trouble transferring my number, looks like an incorrect ESN/MEID was entered. How do I resolve this?

17 REPLIES 17

m_k

I appreciate you.

NewWester2019

I have sent you the contact information..you will need to look in your private messages inbox

m_k

Hi...I have same issue..I got msg from PM yesterday.....No one has contacted me yet.

Can I get porting team contact number please? 

-------------------------

Hey, it's Public Mobile. We're having trouble transferring your number. Looks like you entered an incorrect ESN/MEID. Someone from our team will contact you shortly using your original phone number or the alternate number provided. 

m_k

Hi...I have same issue..I got msg from PM yesterday.....No one has contacted me yet.

Can I get porting team contact number please? 

-------------------------

Hey, it's Public Mobile. We're having trouble transferring your number. Looks like you entered an incorrect ESN/MEID. Someone from our team will contact you shortly using your original phone number or the alternate number provided. 

Dream4reality

Yes, I have after I post the issue here and message the support from community. There was no call from PM as it said from the text message.

I hope this help the people who got stuck during the number transfer (I think most people will)

@NewWester2019 wrote:

I'm having the same issues, did you get any response back from Public Mobile yet?

HI @NewWester2019 

with your problem, I sent you the porting team number, call them

NewWester2019

I'm having the same issues, did you get any response back from Public Mobile yet?

@Dream4reality wrote:

One more question, the transfer was meant to be completed yesterday which is the last day of Fido billing cycle. I now see Fido got into a new bill cycle. I do not have contract with Fido but do I still need to cancel the service to get remaining days of the month refund? or it will handle automatically when they see the number being transferred out?

This is a billing issue to be discussed with your old caarrier.   

For postpaid plans, I have seen situations of customers being charged for the full month in advance, and sometimes the pro-rated refund doesn't come until the following bill.  In those cases, you would actually have to pay the bill and then it would get a bill credit on the next bill.  Unfotunately, that could lead to an extended period of time for the carrier to issue a refund (sometimes by cheque).   You could choose not to pay the bill, but then believe it or not, sometimes, they mark the payment as being late and charge interest.  They could also report to the credit bureau (although they might not for being only a month late).  I have also seen carriers issue an updated bill immediately upon porting out, but this isn't always done.

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Dream4reality 

When the port is completed the account is automatically closed. In my experience I’ve received a refund for any amount I have already paid when porting out early with other postpaid providers.

Dream4reality

One more question, the transfer was meant to be completed yesterday which is the last day of Fido billing cycle. I now see Fido got into a new bill cycle. I do not have contract with Fido but do I still need to cancel the service to get remaining days of the month refund? or it will handle automatically when they see the number being transferred out?

Dream4reality

Yes, incoming calls go to new PM sim now.

that's good @Dream4reality 

so, the incoming calls now come to your PM sim card?  If still not, reboot your phone every 30 mins and try again

Dream4reality

Someone has already triggered the re-porting when I called the support. It is now working fine.

Thanks all!

@Dream4reality 

you cannot just use the Transfer option now  The "Phone number not eligible for port" message simply means the other request is still pending, not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support and provide them the missing info,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

JRod

@Dream4reality 
Most likely due to the error occurring during the transfer. Please reach out to the porting department that I sent you in your private messages. 

Dream4reality

I can see my number is listed under current phone number. When I try "Transfer Phone Number" and I got "Phone number not eligible for port". Is it due to the phone number already transferred to Public so it disallow the transfer?

JRod

@Dream4reality 

Hello I am sorry to hear you were having issues with your port. You will have to use your Fido account number instead. Any other method seems to be very unreliable. I’ll message you the number to a porting department that can help you out (click the profile picture and then messages or click the envelope icon if on desktop). 

Before contacting them can you see if you can manually re-trigger the port in your account settings and provide the Fido account number when prompted? Under your profile it should show a Transfer Phone number option. If your account isn’t fully setup then the porting department is your best option. 

Remember to keep your Fido account active and have the Fido sim in your phone. You will have to reply yes to a text sent to that SIM authorizing the port. Once you lose service on that SIM that is your sign that the port has been completed. You should then put in your PM SIM and reboot the device.

Need Help? Let's chat.