cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incomplete Port from Virgin Mobile

suzdino
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yesterday I successfully ported my number over to Public Mobile. Data is working fine and I have the same number I had on my Virgin Mobile.

Here's the problem: The Virgin Mobile sim is still connected to the number and is the only sim recieving calls.

Public Mobile sim: Successfully sends and receives SMS, can make outgoing calls, data works fine. Does not receive calls. Right now all my calls go to my Virgin Mobile voicemail, and my account still shows as active in my Virgin Mobile account.

How do I fix this? Do I need to manually deactivate my old Virgin Mobile account now that I have successfully ported the number to PM? Will it fix itself after a few days?

10 REPLIES 10

kynopsis

Lucky you.. I have been waiting for 15 days and no answer at all from any of the mod.... !

@Shazia_K

suzdino

@Shazia_K got everything working for me. Thanks for your help everyone!

suzdino

I am hoping to get this resolved before I go out of town, as I won't have an internet connection. I understand the mods are super busy, so fingers crossed 🙂 

@Mary_M @Caroline_D @Shazia_K @Saray_O 

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

suzdino

Thanks for the info, I think mine hasn't worked. What are the next steps in fixing the problem?

JackL

My experience with porting was pretty smooth. I changed to PM during the 12GB/$120 period.

Once I submitted my info to PM, I kept my Virgin mobile SIM card installed, after about 10-15 minutes, Virgin mobile SIM card completely lost signal and I swapped to PM SIM card. Everything works well except LTE, took another hour for my phone to successfully connected to LTE.

I did not have to call Virgin mobile to cancel or anything, my account was closed automatically on Virgin end.

Hopefully your porting will be complete soon. Good luck.

oilblue99
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

As others have mentioned, so far it's an incomplete port. Incoming calls is the last thing to port over. That it started yesterday and hasn't completed is a bit of a warning sign. Sometimes waiting is enough...sometimes not...

First thing to note: if your old provider's SIM still works, keep using it until the port is sorted out. That way you have service, and PM can adjust the start date of your plan (imm1304 isn't a PM employee, but has obviously been here a while).

If incoming calls are still going to the Virgin SIM tomorrow, then Mod intervention is definitely required. Send a private message to one Mod (not all), with the required information.

They're still working through the backlog generated by the promo, so unfortunately waiting will be involved. Keep using the old SIM...and hang in there.

Good luck!

@suzdino wrote:

Yesterday I successfully ported my number over to Public Mobile. Data is working fine and I have the same number I had on my Virgin Mobile.

Here's the problem: The Virgin Mobile sim is still connected to the number and is the only sim recieving calls.

Public Mobile sim: Successfully sends and receives SMS, can make outgoing calls, data works fine. Does not receive calls. Right now all my calls go to my Virgin Mobile voicemail, and my account still shows as active in my Virgin Mobile account.

How do I fix this? Do I need to manually deactivate my old Virgin Mobile account now that I have successfully ported the number to PM? Will it fix itself after a few days?

No, don't do that.  Your number hasn't been ported at all yet.  Virgin Mobile is still in possession of the phone numer and if you cancel the Virgin service, you won't be able to port the number over to Public.

Being able to make calls, send texts, and use data is not an indcation of successful porting.  Successful porting only has occured after the originating carrier has acknowledged and approved the request.  Only then will incoming communications start working when using your Public Mobile sim card.

suzdino

Thanks! Will wait it out.

UDP7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Do not touch anything from Virgin Mobile. Public Mobile will deactivate it when the port is successful. I'd wait maybe one day and see if it'll fix itself, anything after that, I'd send a private message to one of the mods about your problem.

Need Help? Let's chat.