cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls issue

feyn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am having issues with receiving incoming calls, when I try calling my phone with another phone my phone doesn't ring, but when I try to make a call from my phone the call goes through. I have tried removing and reinserting the SIM card, but this only temporarily fixes the issue and the problem reoccurs. Am I the only person currently experiencing this issue? Is there maybe a network issue causing this? Thank you.

11 REPLIES 11

KathieC

Where do I find:     Do Not Disturb, Bluetooth device being connected, and Blocked Senders items

I have never experienced this issue before.

KathieC

Have been a Public user for several years.  This is a brand new occurence.

KathieC

I am not a new user.  I have been a Public user for several years.  I do not understand "It's possible your port hasn't completed." 

Where do I check for "Do Not Disturb, Bluetooth device being connected, and Blocked Senders items"

@feyn 

You haven't recently activated here and ported from another provider, have you?   It's possible your port hasn't completed.

Otherwise, have you checked the Do Not Disturb, Bluetooth device being connected, and Blocked Senders items?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@feyn 

Is your DND (do not disturb)setting accidently turned on? Check your device settings.

Also check the settings in your calling / contacts app to see if you accidently changed it to accept calls from your contact list only.

@feyn wrote:

Yes, it started happening only today as far as I'm aware. I have a Motorola Moto G4 Play. I do not have another phone available to test this, sorry.

@feyn Test with what @computergeek541 suggested (about changing to 3G Only), it could be a workaround.. 

feyn

Yes, it started happening only today as far as I'm aware. I have a Motorola Moto G4 Play. I do not have another phone available to test this, sorry.

feyn

To be more specific, it's not just that the phone doesn't ring, the call goes straight to voicemail. The issue I'm having is I'm not receiving incoming calls.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@feyn   did it just happen lately?  What brand and model is your phone?

did you try to put your SIM in another phone and see if you got similar problem?  Just want to confirm if it is a device issue or network

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@feyn 

Try these fixes:

• ensure airplane mode is not enabled
  • ensure do not disturb is not enabled
  • ensure the number calling you is not on a blocked senders list
  • disable any call-forwarding features/settings
  • turn off Bluetooth -- it's possible the 'ringing' is going through to a Bluetooth device instead of device's speakers
  • remove and reinsert your SIM card
  • reset network connections

@feyn wrote:

I am having issues with receiving incoming calls, when I try calling my phone with another phone my phone doesn't ring, but when I try to make a call from my phone the call goes through. I have tried removing and reinserting the SIM card, but this only temporarily fixes the issue and the problem reoccurs. Am I the only person currently experiencing this issue? Is there maybe a network issue causing this? Thank you.

In case that the network and device are having difficulty switching from LTE to HSPA to receive phone calls, try setting your phone to WCDMA/3g/HSPA-only mode.  

Need Help? Let's chat.