cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls go to old carrier

DigitalDog
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Tried to transfer my old cell number to public mobile. Now incoming calls go to old carrier. I can phone out from public mobile phone and my old number shows up. I've tried to redo change or select a new number but neither works and I get a message telling me to contact public mobile. Can you help?

11 REPLIES 11

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@DigitalDog excellent news, thanks for following up

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

DigitalDog

Absolutely. Just got off work and all is well.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@DigitalDog has @Mary_M been able to resolve this for you?  It sounds like an incomplete port to me.  What carrier were you with previously?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @DigitalDog

I have responded to your private message, can you please view it? 

We'll get this sorted out 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

You're welcome.

Good luck.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

DigitalDog

Thanks again for your help navigating. Smiley Happy

No point is sending a private message tonight since we don't know who will be on tap tomorrow. Just be ready when one of them asks for info.

If you would like to initiate contact now start here Contact Us and click on through until you get to a web form. Fill that with a summary and send it. You may get a response before tomorrow, but email response is promised within 48 hours.

DigitalDog

Ok will send PM.

Thanks for all your help. 

Appreaciate it.

OK, then you will need the assistance of one of our moderators; @Mary_M @Kalla_A or @Shazia_K. If you have no response by noon tomorrow let us know.

It's not an easy situation unless your old carrier SIM will allow outgoing and incoming calls.

You will likely need to send them some information by private message. In case you do not how to use this feature, you can review it here: Private Messages - viewing and creating. It will speed things along if you can check in from time during "Ontario business hours" tomorrow.

There have been problems porting from a few carriers; for example Wind, Virgin, Koodo and voip providers. 

You'll need some patience, but it will get resolved.

DigitalDog

Actually my old cell number. It's been almost 24 hrs.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

That is normal behaviour during a transfer. Incoming calls to the old carrier will cease once the port is complete. Do not cancel your old account; that will happen automatically once the transfer is complete. Your old sim should continue to work until then.

Usually cell phone numbers transfer within a few hours, but landlines can take a week.

It may also help to reboot your phone once the port is complete.

What is your situation?

Need Help? Let's chat.