cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming and outgoing calls

JA94
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My husband and I are using our old Huawei P30 Pro phones , we just switched from Telus and transfered out iPhone 13 numbers over (we had to return our iPhones) to my understanding our Huawei phones only operate on 4G network now. My phone is fine and works well but my husband's wouldn't receive or call out calls. Last night it started working and now today it doesn't work again. He can receive texts and everything else but can't receive calls or outbound calls. He's already after resetting networks, removing and putting the sim back in but nothing is working. 

21 REPLIES 21

HI @JA94 

if data and text no problem, the problem is connection to 3G.  PM uses 3G for voice mostly. (some people use VoLTE for voice, but your phone no compatible)

So, it is a 3G problem.  Try to change the network to 3G only and test. Should work.  But might be good to Rest all networks first, then change to 3G 

JA94

No he didn't change to 3G or WCDMA.

Yes he has data just phone calls in and out issues 

JA94

Okay I'll try that 

Thank you

HI @JA94 

another thing, did he change to 3G or WCDMA only? maybe it is just a 3G connection problem since it is a voice problem.  And he has data?

Try in different area of the town/city so you will know better if it is towers problem. 

That sounds like a device issue. See if he can get through any hesitancy by someone and try his sim in their phone and their sim in his phone. But you have to respect any hesitancy. Ask one on one so as not to influence a response with the next guy to ask.

JA94

Yes, thank you 

JA94

Yes, I'll have to do that the weekend to narrow it down. Could it be a possibility that the 4G towers maybe far away? But then again he's getting text messages. He did mention last night that the bars in his phone goes from full to 1 alot 

HI @JA94 

and remember to click Reset All Networks whenever you put in another sim card to test

Some people might be hesitant. It would better if you try your sim in his phone. And his sim in the old phone. Just narrowing down identifying where the problem is.

JA94

Okay, I'll have to get him to try putting someone else's sim in his phone when he gets off

So we wait to identify if the problem is with his account or with his new (old) phone. That would be putting a known working sim in that phone and for bonus marks if his current sim works in the old phone.

JA94

Yes, my phone is working perfect. No calls going out from my old phone and no calls going in. Mine transfered and went smoothly. It's just my husband's. First when we transfered over he never noticed if the calls were coming in or not because no one called, but when he went to work no calls were coming in or going out. Last night the calls coming in and going out started working and then this morning the calls dtopped again 

Ok so we know the transfer worked. And the same with your old phone and old sim? But your new (old) phone is working for you but always worth the test since you still have the old ones.

JA94

No, I just tried calling from the old phones and also calling to his number to see if it would ring but nothing it's disconnected, won't make or receive calls. 

So with an old sim in an old phone can you make or receive calls on it?

JA94

We still have the old phones as of now, I tried texting from my husband's old one last night and it didn't work , my old one still recieves iMessages because it's connected to wifi. 

So you replied to the texts on the old phones? You still have the phones? Does the old service still work on them?

There's a procedure to disconnect and remove an  iphone from Apple systems when relinquishing an iphone that you might wish to do.

JA94

He's currently away working but going to get him to try in someone else's phone! 

I also forgot to take out the old sim cards from our old phones so I just did that to see if it makes any difference. 

Can you try your sim in his phone and his sim in your phone? Do the old sims still work?

JA94

@dust2dust wrote:

Did you take out the old sims? When you transferred the numbers did you confirm the text with the old sim in a phone?

Yes done all the required to transfer it over 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did you take out the old sims? When you transferred the numbers did you confirm the text with the old sim in a phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.