cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inactive SIM card!

Amber75
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Help! My SIM card has been randomly going inactive in my phone for the last couple months. Sometimes I'm on a call and it will disconnect the call and tell me that I have no SIM card in the phone. I need to go into my settings and reactivate the SIM card. It was annoying before, but now it's happening multiple times a day and I'm missing important calls because of it. I've had the same SIM card for 5 years and the same phone for the last 2 years. Do I need a replacement SIM or what is happening??

2 REPLIES 2

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Amber75 

it might not be a sim card problem.

What phone do you have? did you try to Reset Networks settings? and maybe you tried your sim on another phone?

try the above suggestions first

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Amber75  It’s hard to say , someone else just mentioned similar issue too . Can you test your SIM card in another phone to test it and see if same thing happens . Maybe try somone else SIM card in your phone see what happens . SIM cards are usually free from issues you could also try lightly cleaning the contacts on the SIM card . But can’t hurt to try and change to new SIM card only $4.99 on Amazon 

Need Help? Let's chat.