cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In province, getting charged long distance?

panda-R
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

On my usage history, if there is a time counter on my call does this mean I am getting charged for long distance? These time counters are appearing on some in province calls and I need to find out why! I have the unlimited province wide plan.

Can anyone help?

7 REPLIES 7

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The area codes or prefixes 800, 844, 855, 866, 877 and 888 are used for toll free numbers in all the countries covered by the North American Numbering Plan. 

panda-R

@rob79 Thanks for the reply.

I don't seem to have a simple way of figuring out why my long distance minutes drained so much in the last recent while. I've been in my home province for the last little while. 

Are 888 numbers considered long distance?

@rob79 wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

No, the duration time appears on every calls. Depending on the Originating and the Destination location, mins are subtracted from your LD add-on. 

Not true @NDesai - there are a lot of weird glitches with this for me. Some show minutes, some show no minutes. Heck, the other day I was on a call (I recieved, did not originate) and it just randomly disconnected after we'd been talking for like 15 minutes and it didn't show up AT ALL in my usage history.

Well, i really don't keep track of my calls as i don't call a lot and that usage history takes a bit to load up. It really needs a new form of update to better generate the usage. 

rob79
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@NDesai wrote:

No, the duration time appears on every calls. Depending on the Originating and the Destination location, mins are subtracted from your LD add-on. 

Not true @NDesai - there are a lot of weird glitches with this for me. Some show minutes, some show no minutes. Heck, the other day I was on a call (I recieved, did not originate) and it just randomly disconnected after we'd been talking for like 15 minutes and it didn't show up AT ALL in my usage history.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

rob79
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

No @panda-R, a time counter does not mean you're being charged.

I've noticed that "local if you had a landline" calls don't always show the minutes, but "in-province but would normally be long distance" calls do.

Also, the usage history is...not the most accurate thing.

Remember, PM is PREPAID, so if you didn't pay for it up front, you won't be charged for it later :).

panda-R

Hello friends, recently I discovered my add on for long distance has been coming down faster than I thought it would be. I'm not sure but it looks like some of my province to provice calls are being calculated per minute...sample below.

14/08/2017 2:57 Outgoing Call 403xxxxxxx 403xxxxxx ALBERTA AB 0:02:01 Minutes $0.00

The calls are within my home province to another home provice number but it calculated with the minutes above. It does say Original from Alberta and destination is AB. Does the above usage line mean it's coming off my long distance add-on? Thanks!

Need Help? Let's chat.