cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Im sorry. The number you dialed cannot be completed from your calling area.'

ctibbles
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For 3 months I've not been able to call my pharmacist. Local call. Same area code as me.

I have $50 plan. Lots of minutes. Tried last month and this month. 

I've tried with and without +1. 

Text messages work.

Incoming from that number works. 

Outgoing gets the 'I'm sorry. The number you dialed cannot be completed from your calling area.'

I've tried my kids phones on Public and it works! Kid phone on another network - still works!

Help!

16 REPLIES 16

ctibbles

Just did that. Thank you for suggestion. It didnt work. So I'll contact moderator.

@ctibbles wrote:

How do I open a ticket with a moderator? 

Hello @ctibbles 

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

ctibbles

Yes. Will try my sim in my kids' phone. And report back. Thx

ctibbles

How do I open a ticket with a moderator? 

---- nevermind! Someone posted links! Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk : For traditional land lines without modern Canada-wide calling it's absolutely long distance from Yahk to Atlin in BC.

But we haven't heard from the OP in a little while now. I also think they should try the SIM in another phone to narrow down whether this is a phone issue or a service issue. Or an issue at the other end.

@softech wrote:

@ctibbles  since you tried on the kid PM phone and works, I guess you should  open a ticket with mod and let see if they can do anything on their end.

I think the OP should first verify with Pharmacy to see, if for some reason, his number is blocked. I am assuming that OP and son are on PM and have a local number. 

And is it not possible to have the same area code but still be LD?  ie. Area code 250 in BC etc. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ctibbles wrote:

For 3 months I've not been able to call my pharmacist. Local call. Same area code as me.

I have $50 plan. Lots of minutes. Tried last month and this month. 

I've tried with and without +1. 

Text messages work.

Incoming from that number works. 

Outgoing gets the 'I'm sorry. The number you dialed cannot be completed from your calling area.'

I've tried my kids phones on Public and it works! Kid phone on another network - still works!

Help!

@ctibbles Just checking...are you on Canada Wide calling?

If you signed up a few months ago, new plans only had Provincial calling only with an option to buy Canada Wide calling add ons.

If you are on the Provincial plan, I suggest setting your account to schedule a plan change On Next Renewal so that you get the better plan for your bucks.

If you are on Canada Wide calling plan, then disregard above; and yes, I would ask the Moderators to see if there is anything they can see or reset/reprovision on their to see if it fixes your issue.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

yes.. i guess we should always read the original post carefully.  I  understand if it is a long thread, sometimes, it's hard to read every single reply.. but I guess at least read and understand the original post.

At least for me, i try to type the reply for each one and avoid just copy and paste too much from the templates.  Also, I hope to get it short and simple as best as I can..    🙂

@ctibbles  since you tried on the kid PM phone and works, I guess you should  open a ticket with mod and let see if they can do anything on their end.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

To get the obvious out of the way...you used  1 or +1  in front of the country code? Sometimes there are some extra leading zero's in country codes and "foreign" area codes. Maybe try not using leading zeros.

do one thing take your SIM card out and waiting for a minute and put it back and do rebooting your phone - This one is quick and simple. Make sure your phone is off before removing and reinserting its SIM card.

Remove your phone’s battery - Some phones have removable batteries. Sometimes removing and reinserting the battery can fix certain issues. Just make sure your phone is off before you do this.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Good Luck

OP SAID ...... Local call. Same area code as me. I've tried with and without +1. 

Since call is local and same area code the only reason of trying +1 would be a process of elimination on the OP's behalf OR the OP has a phone number with a different area code (but says not) that may be the reason for using the +1 or 1. Never the less the OP also states the number works from the household phones. Just an observation. 

@LurganIeUk 

we are here to help other to they will be getting happy service gett with public mobile,

but what i mean for it when do a Rebooting the phone is big help you know to getting a refreshing the network sometime is will help,

please don't be angar,, is not worth it to getting a anger is it a big deal here to you getting a big money Rewards , come on by cool and relax,

and if see something not you like it my posting you can ignore me or make a report .

you have a lovely day with big Rewards

@Anonymous wrote:

To get the obvious out of the way...you used  1 or +1  in front of the country code? Sometimes there are some extra leading zero's in country codes and "foreign" area codes. Maybe try not using leading zeros.

do one thing take your SIM card out and waiting for a minute and put it back and do rebooting your phone - This one is quick and simple. Make sure your phone is off before removing and reinserting its SIM card.

Remove your phone’s battery - Some phones have removable batteries. Sometimes removing and reinserting the battery can fix certain issues. Just make sure your phone is off before you do this.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Good Luck

OP SAID ...... Local call. Same area code as me. I've tried with and without +1. 

Since call is local and same area code the only reason of trying +1 would be a process of elimination on the OP's behalf OR the OP has a phone number with a different area code (but says not) that may be the reason for using the +1 or 1. Never the less the OP also states the number works from the household phones. Just an observation. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Luck

By any chance does the pharmacy have a call block on you?

I can reject calls on my voip account and give a similar message. 

And as others have said. 

Delete the contact. 

Dial using your dial pad. 

Try your SIM in another phone. 

@ctibbles wrote:

I tried that too. Tried calling from their website too. Same message.

One more thing then...can you try the sim in one of the other phones to see if the issue is sim related or phone related.

Let us know.

ctibbles

I tried that too. Tried calling from their website too. Same message.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@ctibbles....

if the pharmacy number is in your contacts list...delete it and self-dial. Does that make any difference ?

Need Help? Let's chat.