cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If Handset is Lost/ or Stolen?

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

If you have LOST your HANDSET, OR, your HANDSET was STOLEN, LOG INTO YOUR SELF-SERVE, Then click the Plans and Add-ons toggle, then look for the LOST/STOLEN Phone Toggle, and follow instructions to SUSPEND your ACCOUNT to PREVENT others from USING your LOST/STOLEN Handset.

Once you have finished Suspending your Service, CLICK the Auto-PAY Icon to Have your Credit Card DE-LISTED

This way, your Credit Card will NOT be charged Until You either locate your Handset, Then Re-enter the Lost/Stolen Handset icon to Unsuspend your Account and Reinstate your Sim.

Or Purchase a New Handset and Order a Replacement Sim by Clicking The Link Below in Green:

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/contact-us

Fill out the Application, and your replacement Tri-Sim will be sent to you via mail

After receiving your Tri-Sim, Re-enter the Lost/Stolen Handset icon in your Self-Serve Account to Unsuspend your Account and Register your New Tri-Sim Number

Your Service should then be back to normal instantaneous, though sometimes it may take 60 minutes

Also, Don't Forget to Re-enable your Auto-Pay to keep earning your $2 Auto-Pay Rewards 

4 REPLIES 4

Martin
Legend
Legend
Mansi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Agree with @Martin, no need to disable AutoPay while the account is suspended for lost/stolen unless you are planning to either port the number out or forfeit the account.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Mansi,

Please reread makkahn28's post, specifically the part dealing with the disabling of auto-pay.

In a very recent reply, he stated that, after enabling Lost/Stolen Phone, one must disable auto-pay. I corrected his post by stating that, when Lost/Stolen Phone is enabled, service is suspended and there is no need to disable auto-pay. Instead of accepting my correction, he replied by reposting that auto-pay had to be disabled.

Though makkahn28 won't accept advice from me, I know he will accept it from you. Is disabling auto-pay necessary?

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Thanks Makkahn for putting up this informative post. Although similar has already been posted before - What do I do if my phone is lost or stolen?

Need Help? Let's chat.