cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to pick a specific phone number

bodolaxp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello everyone!

I used to have 2 phone numbers with Public Mobile. However, due to not paying my fees for more than 90 days, the accounts expired. My question is, can I ask for the same phone numbers if they are still available? I can buy 2 new SIM cards. Thank you for your help!

8 REPLIES 8

@bodolaxp  again, if your original number was from Rogers, then only Rogers/Fido/Chat can assign you back the number and PM won't be able to help at all  😞

But don't be surprise they might not help, providers no longer like to assign exact number to new accounts

bodolaxp

Hi, thank you. I called the numbers and they have not been claimed. What I am thinking is to get new SIM cards and ask for the numbers to be claimed as if I was a Rogers customer. Hopefully that will work.

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Unfortunately I'd not possible. I was in same situation and CS agent advise - no way possible.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@bodolaxp 

No can done if your number was originally from Rogers.

Need to pick a new number.

bodolaxp

Hi, no, the numbers were ported over from Rogers. Thank you for the solution

bodolaxp

Hi, no, the numbers were ported over from Rogers

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@bodolaxp   we can help to check if the number was originally a PM/Telus/Koodo number if you share the area code and the next 3 digits 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@bodolaxp 

First, you can try calling the old numbers. If it rings, then somebody already has that number.

When you first started with Public mobile, did you activate with new PM number or port over your number from another mobile company?  Once an account is inactive, the number gets returned to original mobile company.  You will need to contact original mobile company to see whether you can get the old number back. 

If the number was originally from Public mobile, then it may be possible for Customer service agent to get that number. YMMV.

Need Help? Let's chat.