cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was overcharged !

John-Diu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been a Public Mobile customer since February 2020 and am using the 15 plan.

I have a loyalty bonus and a referral bonus. Currently, I am paying 9.04 monthly.

Suddenly this month Public Mobile charged me 16.95 for my account and also my spouse account.

My email address is xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am waiting for a customer service agent's reply!  Urgent !!!

Thank you !

Best Regards,

John Diu

Edit by Dunkman: removed personal information

6 REPLIES 6

ecindyz99

Same thing happened to me. I have been with Public over 5 years. The price increase happened in June. No email communications at all. Can Public give an answer?

@John-Diu wrote:

I did not know the notice and the new system so I asked.

@John-Diu 

Most customers received the notice of the migration to reward points.  Did you receive the loyalty data bonus of 5GB that expires in 150 days?  

Unfortunately, as mentioned, the $15 customer has been hardest with this change in rewards.  Do you use much data?  Some $15 customers have receive a promo text for special deals   $19/month for 3GB LTE data (need 90 day subscription).  There is also a $19 1GB plan available for existing customers (cheaper than the old $25 plan). 

Since it seems that you did not receive notice, you could contact customer service agent to see if they can offer some form of compensation.  There is no way to go back to legacy rewards.  No guarantees though.

John-Diu

I did not know the notice and the new system so I asked.

@John-Diu wrote:

Thank for your answer !

I think the old reward system is better .

How to redeem the points in future so that the invoice is less than 15.95 ?

Thanks !

@John-Diu 

Yes, the legacy rewards is much better than the new points rewards.  

Each month you will get your friend referral points (as long as your friend stays with PM), 5% back in points with plan payments.  Once you accumulate 15 points, you can convert the 15 points to $15 bill credit.   Once a year on your anniversary sign up date, you will get 10 loyalty points.  

Unfortunately, the $15 plan customers got the biggest plan price increases without the monthly rewards.  

John-Diu

Thank for your answer !

I think the old reward system is better .

How to redeem the points in future so that the invoice is less than 15.95 ?

Thanks !

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@John-Diu 

In May, Public mobile has transitioned all legacy rewards customers over to the new points system.  Did you not receive the text or email from Public mobile that was send to all affected customers in March and April?

With the transition, you lost your $2/month autopay and up to $5/month loyalty rewards unfortunately. 

Here is the announcement:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Upcoming-Changes-to-our-Old-Rewards-Pro...

If you login into your self service account and your rewards section, you should see you still referral points and a welcome 5 points.  Once you get 15 points, you can redeem for $15 credit.  Unfortunately, you will be charged plan amounts without the monthly discounts going forward.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/public-points

Need Help? Let's chat.