cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want my money refunded

Amanda
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
My cell phone has not been able to make local calls or recieve Any calls since July 7th please have my 148 dollars refunded I have lost work and many important calls. I recieved a new SIM card but am afraid to activate it as I have had no support from this company I had a medical emergency and could not even call my doctor please refund the 140.00 now to my account . I don't trust your company and I don't have money to throw away
80 REPLIES 80

rsbaher
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Jtn

I called Virgin, they were completely understanding of my situation, they are sending me a sim since im out of town tomorrow, but you can go buy a sim in person and port your number immediately.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Some good comedy before bed lol post the link to this Virgin plan, I won't hold my breath waiting lol

rsbaher

@cbrguy

It was a complete mistake switching, i regret my decision. Just so you know Virgin Mobile has the EXACT same plan for the same price and they have people to asist you. Also if you call Telus and tell then how crappy you've been treated here they may offer you a deal and try to get your money back.

cbrguy
Same here. No working phone and a botched port. I'm wondering if it's a mistake porting to public mobile.

rsbaher

@Jtn

I have already started the process of switching I just want my money back from Public Mobile and thats what i'm trying to do now... but no one is responding to any of my messages, im so frustrated.

Jtn

@rsbaher

You can just start a plan with another provider, port your number over, and deal with the Public Mobile refund or initiate a chargeback with your credit card provider afterwards.

rsbaher

@Shazia_K

I am not threatening, I seriously want to cancel and get my money back. I am so so fed up with Public Mobile!

rsbaher

@mlwang

Even if someone responds now, they will stop responding ... My issues are still not solved. I had someone from PM read my response to his message and IGNORE me. 

Jtn

I think this thread is a good example that you can get your stuff sorted out quicker if you make a huge fuss in the forums.

iwearsuits

Exactly, it feels like you have to make a rukus and threaten saying you want to cancel

mlwang

I dont understand how someone tag @Shazia_K here and is responded to immediately. but i have activation error and haven't had service since tuesday but NO response. despite numerous PMs and tags?!?

rsbaher

@Shazia_K

Yes, and she has not repsonded to my messages since yesterday. I am tired of waiting and im so frustrated I just want out.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @rsbaher

I'm sorry about this,

I see that @Brooke_C was in touch with you, did you follow her instructions? 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

rsbaher

@Shazia_K  

I am also VERY upset with the service I received, What good is paying for a plan if it DOES NOT WORK. I want a refund and cancel my service with Public Mobile IMMEDIATELY. 

Rockdaddy22

Hi again @Amanda Well I have checked my go to site ( http://willmyphonework.net) and it reports that all iPhone 5s models should work on PM 3G network, but only sporadically on LTE. So, we should be able to get you going on PM, especially now that you are able to call some people.

So the next check is Settings >> Cellular >> Cellular Data Options >> Enable LTE, turn it "Off"

and

Settings >> General >> Software Update >> check for updates and install them; especially any Carrier Updates.

As far as changing your phone number too often is concerned; that is not necessary. Your number can be moved from carrier to carrier as you wish. Although, to do so requires an active account and deletes the old account as soon as the transfer is completed. With prepaid carriers that means no credit if you leave early. 

Since PM has offered you a refund, you will have to decide which course you prefer:

a) work with PM to get connected properly, or 

b) take a refund and go elsewhere.

Best of luck whichever you choose.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Amanda In case you were sold a CDMA compatible iPhone check the following:

go to Settings  > Cellular > Cellular Data Options >> Roaming If you see Voice Roaming or International CDMA, turn them both OFF.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Amanda

I have replied to your last message, please avoid double posting it's really confusing our community members. 

Thank you, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Amanda
I want the refund now and close my account but I want all the money that was taken off my Visa from public mobile since July 7th 2016

Well if you leave autopay on the system renews your plan, plus you had a refund from Mary but then worked with Shazia to activate your plan.

BTW: where did you get your latest phone, and its exact model in Settings >> General >> About? There are a few iPhones not compatible with PM's network.

Amanda
It says on my account it was credited and debited again on August 13 I just want my money back so I can get a service provider that provides service Refund my visA today

imm1304

I am relieved that Mary offered a satisfactory solution to end your aggravation.

Refund is paid back to the original method of payment and you should be able to verify sooner if you have access to your bank or credit card account online.  

Amanda
She said my money would be refunded I would appreciate if that would happen today

Amanda
Yes thank you she said my money would be refunded I would appreciate that to happen today

imm1304

Hi @Amanda!  

Sorry for your loss.  

Was @Mary_M able to help you on Saturday?

Amanda
Maybe you should get a life

Amanda
You have two friends die and not be able to recieve calls that you paid for and pay with the last of your money for cellphone service that does not work for you and your small child and see how chilled out you would be!

Rockdaddy22
Maybe you should've made this thread on July 8, that way it would already have been solved and you wouldn't have lost $3000. Just a thought 🙂

imm1304

I feel your frustration, @Amanda.

However, please please please carry out the conversation via private message with Mary.  She is NOT the same as sending emails.  She is online and is offering you solutions if you give her the right info via private message.

I really hope that you are in touch with Mary via private message by now.  She really does get things done while she is online and I have every confidence in her ability to resolve your phone service issues.  

Need Help? Let's chat.