cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I transferred my public mobile number to another providers

NewUber
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I transferred my public mobile number to another provider but I still have account balance and want to use public mobile with a new number how can I get a new number 

5 REPLIES 5

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Are you certain your number ported to the other provider properly? You are receiving incoming calls to your number using the new providers SIM card in your phone? And can log in now to see your Public Mobile account and balance? If so, it doesn’t sound as though the port has completed. There is basically no way to get a new number on your existing PM account after moving the number elsewhere.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Porting your number to another operator terminates (forever closes) the account.

And when an account is terminated ... all funds deposited into it are gone, all rewards and add-ons and promos attached to it are gone, the SIM card attached to it is permanently deactivated, and the phone number attached to it is reassigned (ported to another operator or simply sent back to the number pool).

You can try contacting the Public Mobile CSAs to ask for a refund. Public Mobile is not required to provide any kind of refund, their usual policy is to not provide refunds, but I have seen some people in this community happily receive a refund. Beware that there isn't even any way for Public Mobile to render payment unless you provide them with a valid banking or credit number.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@NewUber 

Once you port your number out to another carrier, your account will be closed, PM SIM will rendered useless so you can't use a new number and all account balance will be lost.

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@NewUber 

Once you port your number out, your Public Mobile account is automatically closed. You will no longer have access to it.

@NewUber wrote:

I transferred my public mobile number to another provider but I still have account balance and want to use public mobile with a new number how can I get a new number 

Sorry, but that balance has been lost. You could get a new phone number, but that would require opening of a new account. Unfortunately, the balance from the old account isn't transferable.

Need Help? Let's chat.