cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I received a message saying I have used 95% of my data included in my service, when it's <50%used

GTiR
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I received a text message from Public mobile stating I have used 95% of the data included in my service. I reviewed my account and I have only used less than 50% of the amount allotted for this billing cycle! I have no bonus data so it can't be related to any other amount.  There are still two weeks left in this billing cycle am I going to be cut off prematurely?

5 REPLIES 5

GTiR
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So after reading your replies to my initial post I checked my data usage on the account again today... 365Mb still available, so still lots of data available until the end of the billing cycle. Clearly I received the text message in error.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did the message come from 611? Another perhaps easier option with the account is clicking all the little spinner refresh icons lower down. The overview page is pretty close to real time. The usage details are delayed and reported twice a day.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@GTiR 

Sometimes Public mobile will send the wrong text messages for data usage.  

The data usage is not updated immediately.  Usually updated one or twice per day.  As mentioned, maybe login to your account with a different web browser, clear cache or incognito mode.  Or even try to check tomorrow morning.  Give you a more accurate picture of your data usage.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@GTiR if you run out of plan data will not be able to use data until your next renewal or until you purchase an add-on or renew your plan or change to a different plan.

To ensure you are not seeing a cast version of your account try logging in through an incognito tab. You can also check your data balance by calling 611 to confirm you got the text correctly.

If when you check the balance calling 611 you have more data then go by that and ignore the text that you received.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

When you login to check your account, try doing so in an Incognito/Private browser window, or clear the cache before logging in. The site is notorious for displaying cached data usage.

Need Help? Let's chat.