cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I only use Wife. I mean I always turn cellular date off. But I’ve used 4.353mb data.

jhlee84
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m I-Phone 8 user.

And I only use wife.

I’ve never used data.

I always turn cellular date off. 

But when I checked my data usage, I spend 4.353mb.

How do I stop using data?

1D1A61E0-7088-4589-94D9-30407CBC6F3A.jpeg

8 REPLIES 8

@LurganIeUk 

I've seen this appear on the bf's account after he's burned thru all his data so i dont think it even counts against your existing data. It's not really enough to matter....

@AE_Collector 

What do you think about "activate husband" meeting "I only use wife" ?A marriage only made at pm?

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@jhlee84 wrote:

I’m I-Phone 8 user.

And I only use wife.

I’ve never used data.

I had the same problem with my Telus prepaid. Some how the data leaked even though it was all turned off on my phone...wife’s too. Telus is able to set up a permanent block. PM cannot so maybe that is why they push the auto-pay on the $15 plan to get the 250mb of data to allow the leak. I use some of my 250mb and noticed same....data used but not turned on.  Don’t worry about it. 

But keep in mind if if you are out and about and you want to text a picture....you must turn the data on with no wifi available.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@jhlee84 , it is probably WiFi assist which is drawing the data.  Note that the usage meter often registers a non zero number after a renewal.  Some time later, it will revert back to a proper reading.  I don't think anyone has found a reason for this strange behavior.

@jhlee84 

If you are on an iPhone its the WiFi assist you want to turn off. The pm reserve that will show up but get returned to your account is about 5mb that will happen anytime your phone connects to data do not worry about that., The 0.01mb appearing as used is so miniscule its not worth worrying about ....it will still appear even if you have no data. You do have at least 250mb of data with your plan at the rate its accumulated so far you would be hard pressed to register 10mb. And remember there are no extra charges or overages with public mobile. No nasty surprises at the end of 30 days. Just your regular plan amount is due to continue your service.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@jhlee84 wrote:

I’m I-Phone 8 user.

And I only use wife.

I’ve never used data.

@jhlee84 Hi you may find it will go away if you put your phone in airplane mode for a moment some call it a ghost data have a great day 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jhlee84  If you send MMS to non iPhone users there is a tiny leak as per your logs. There is also a small amount that gets reserved by Public Mobile that gets released back to your data and doesn't count. 4.8 MB is a very small amount. Also iPhone have a setting that when on WIFI is the signal is weak it will switch to data, make sure that setting is turned off.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@jhlee84  0.044. It essentially your iPhone connecting with its servers. It's such a tiny amount and happens to all of us, including Android users. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.