cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need moderator help!

ElleTheTermina
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just joined Public Mobile and ordered an esim and did a phone number transfer from Telus. I responded by sms to approve the transfer but did not get a QR code for my esim so I cannot get help because to submit a ticket they send a confirmation code to my phone number that I cannot receive. 

7 REPLIES 7

SnapElle

Hola! It's me, ElleTheTermina messaging from my real account!

So here was the step by step solution.

1. To post in the Communities Forum, since I couldn't receive the confirmation number to login with my account, I was told to create a new registration with a different email and NOT link a phone number to it (just click Skip). 

2. Once I was logged in, I used one of the links you guys posted to private message a CS Agent. The first time I tried this it just said 'Private Message' but there was nothing I could actually do. Then I logged in again with my fake account and after that I was able to send a message.

3. The CS agent asked me for my phone number (the one I transferred over), my name, and my 4-digit PIN. Once I gave her that, she sent me a QR code.

4. I printed the QR code (or you can send to a friend's phone or your computer) and then went into my phone Settings, searched for 'SIM', clicked 'add new SIM', and 'I want to download my eSIM'. Then I could take a picture of the QR code to activate the eSIM. There were a few more setting modifications to do like activating mobile data on that SIM. I also removed my old sim that was competing with this one, and I rebooted the phone because although I had data my texts still weren't going through. After this I was able to send texts and receive calls to my transferred number. 

Thank you!!

@ElleTheTermina   then I think support will send you a QR code to install.  Let see what they say... remember to update us  🙂

ElleTheTermina

I never saw a QR code ever. There were no further instructions other than I would be given a temporary number during the 5h it could take to transfer my number but I don't think the temporary number ever worked. 

@ElleTheTermina  it's not bad with Android.  There has been some hiccup with eSIM activation on iPhone, but Android should be good

So, it was kind of working earlier but just stopped? So, you passed the QR/eSIM profile installation?  I am not sure what PM support will do from here.  Message them and wait for their reply

ElleTheTermina

Thanks! I didn't get any instructions at all other than to login to the app to activate my sim but then I just got the text messages and then it stopped working (presumably because Telus cancelled my account). I am on android, Pixel 4a. I messaged the CS agent and am waiting for a response. thanks!

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@ElleTheTermina  Please 

Message support directly

• while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click >>>here.<<<

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ElleTheTermina 

are you activating eSIM on iPhone or Android?

so you didn't get to the part about installing eSIM profile?

for that , please open ticket with PM support by direct message here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there
Need Help? Let's chat.