cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’m worried

Malik_Hamza1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello

Couple days ago I got free SIM card and a number but the question is it free for a month. I got in a grocery store some girls were giving out free sim card for public mobile for a 1 free trial is it true??

And Also they didn’t ask me for my payment info they only asked me for my address and email

Would I be getting charges or bills in the mail .

6 REPLIES 6

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Malik_Hamza1

Are you talking about The Mobile Shop(TMS) inside Superstore or Lablows?

TMS was approved by PM as a retailer for PM SIM card and PM plans.  They may have a promo to give you the first month free. 

Nothing to worry about because PM plans are prepaid plan.  There is no chance to be billed afterward.

Which plan do you have?

Can you call and receive calls?  

If yes, use it for the free month.  If you like it, pay before your next renewal date.  Create a self-serve account to monitor your usage and payment.  From the overview page, click on the "View Payment History".  TMS may have paid your first 30 days plan cost.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It does sound like a great promotion. I'd be more interested in who is collecting the address and email. And was there any fine print anywhere to be seen. And were they PM employees/contractors or cellphone purveyors. Not just some unknown entity gathering information. And what might Amount Owing in self-serve say.

But to get a SIM and a month for free... great stuff.

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Welcome @Malik_Hamza1

That sounds odd, but all the previous posters are correct that Public Mobile is a prepaid service.

Does it work when you put it into your phone? or are there any instructions on how to activate it or set it up with your old number or new number?

I'm wondering if you have to set it up and you get the second month free credit which was around a couple months ago or if it actually the first month free trial which would be pretty cool.

It would be interesting to know how your experience fares going forward.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

unless you gave them some personal info or a credit card number - I might dig deeper

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Malik_Hamza1, this does seem suspicious.  I don't recall any mention of such promotion campaign anywhere.  That said, unless you have paid anything, I would not worry.  This is a prepaid service.  You will not get service first and then be issued a surprise bill later. 

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Malik_Hamza1 wrote:

Hello

Couple days ago I got free SIM card and a number but the question is it free for a month. I got in a grocery store some girls were giving out free sim card for public mobile for a 1 free trial is it true??

And Also they didn’t ask me for my payment info they only asked me for my address and email

Would I be getting charges or bills in the mail .

PM is a prepaid service. IF your phone is working now, your charges for this month is considered paid. You will NOT be getting charges in bills (in contrast to postpaid services).

Need Help? Let's chat.