cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm brand new to PM and think I've been billed incorrectly

gojukirk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up  for PM last week (first smart phone ever) for a 1 month period ($21), all before getting my SIM card, picking my new number and getting my phone service activated (all done yesterday July 10). In the process of activating I was offered the chance to change my plan, so I changed it to the plan I'd wanted in the first place i.e. 3 months at $19/month), but didn't see when I originally signed up last week.

So now it seems I've been charged for the 1 month ($21) and the 3 month ($19/mo) but am only getting coverage for 3 months, although I've paid for 4. I recognize now this is on me not understanding the implication of this being a "prepaid service" (I do now), but hope an adjustment can be made to my charges so that I don't get charged twice for my first month of service. 

3 REPLIES 3

gojukirk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I did exactly as you suggested and PM rep and I reached an agreeable solution. All good! 

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@gojukirk, for future reference I'm quite sure the reason you got billed extra is because you likely accepted the new offer with the "Change now" which means you would start the new subscription immediately, losing any remaining days from the previous month that you paid for. This is okay if the deal is too good to pass up or if you only have a few days left and don't stand to lose much, but the better option is to select "Change on renewal" which will allow you to use up what you already paid for and then you will start the new subscription afterwards

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

you are in a bit trouble, you chose the wrong plan

When you picked $21, there is another choice to pick the 90 days option and you seems to have missed that.

you need to ask PM to fix it, earlier better.  Open ticket with PM support using the orange chatbot icon , type Submit ticket and then choose Contact Us and you will get to ticket open window

Need Help? Let's chat.