cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just signed up for PM. Entered everything in for SIM card.Requested number transfer from old pro

BigB778
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just signed up for public mobile. Completed the SIM card application. Sent for phone number from old provider. Thought of was complete. An hour later, received text  The message was sent to authorize number transfer. We have not received your response. To reinitiate the request reply one to text and a new message will be sent to authorize number transfer. Now there is no more message. Am I done done and can I put my New PM card in my phone or is this process not completed? Thank you for your help.

5 REPLIES 5

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@BigB778 

If you replied to text first text with YES then porting will be proceed.

You can leave the old SIM in your phone and continue to use your phone until the porting will be switched to the PM SIM (this could take up to 90 minutes).

Once the old SIM stopped working then you can switch to the PM SIM.

@gpixel wrote:

@BigB778 

that's pretty neat that PM has added that option to reinitiate the text to port. if you replied 'yes' to the text message you're good to go and you can install the PM sim. after installing the sim reset your network settings and restart the device 

The appears to have been a folow up text message sent by the old carrier that they weren't allowing the number port because they never got the "yes" message.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@BigB778 

that's pretty neat that PM has added that option to reinitiate the text to port. if you replied 'yes' to the text message from your old provider. you're good to go and you can install the PM sim. after installing the sim reset your network settings and restart the device 

@BigB778 wrote:

I just signed up for public mobile. Completed the SIM card application. Sent for phone number from old provider. Thought of was complete. An hour later, received text  The message was sent to authorize number transfer. We have not received your response. To reinitiate the request reply one to text and a new message will be sent to authorize number transfer. Now there is no more message. Am I done done and can I put my New PM card in my phone or is this process not completed? Thank you for your help.

The Public Mobile chatbot should e used to contact a customer support agent.  No, the number porting process isn't complete.  Link to chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Your old carrier's SIM card needs to be left in the phone so that you can reply to that text message.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@BigB778 is your old provider sim card and service still working?  if so, the porting is not completed 

There is a porting support group you can call and talk to live support.   I will message you the number to you Community inbox.   Please check and call them tomorrow morning (it is now closed)

Need Help? Let's chat.