cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have received a text message that I was in the US

deschifty
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I received a text message that I was in the US however I was in Sooke, which is directly across from Washington.  I have an AirBNB receipt to prove it.  I should not be receiving any additional expenses on my account.

4 REPLIES 4

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @deschifty   no need to worry about extra charge.  PM is prepaid, you will need to buy first and use any extra service and you wont' get charged like this

Since US networks usually have stronger signals, your phone is picking up that.  Go to your phone Network setting, change it from Automatic to manual selection and pick Public Mobile, you should be good

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Yes, you're picking up US towers better than "local" ones. Even across the water. As mentioned, setting it to manual Public will stop it connecting to those towers and then you might find some dead spots of reception out there.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@deschifty hi nothing to worry about,there are no overcharges for anything unless you buy an add on or change a plan you are prepaid,this often happens when one is close to the border 😁

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

No problem...you won't be billed anything extra. Same happens to me when I drive through Grand Forks BC.
You can manually select Public Mobile if you want.

Need Help? Let's chat.