cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a SPAM text - with a non-text phone plan !!

razorboy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have an old plan, grandfathered, I suppose one would say.  It has no texting capabilitty, and I have no use for text so I don't upgrade the plan.  I do get messages from Public Mobile regarding payments, etc..  A few days ago I received a text message - SPAM!!!  I now get it daily at the same time, from some creature named Levardis.  Usually, if someone tries to text me, I get a message from PUBMO saying that "Someone has tried to send you a text, but you do do not have a texting plan."  However, this SPAM creature manages to get through.  Has it hacked some aspect of the PUBMO system, or what?  Can I block the creature?  Thanks for any information.

8 REPLIES 8

razorboy

Whereever it came from, it is not there today as it has been daily for a week, so perhaps being rejected each day for a week has made it unproductive.  Thanks for the inpit.

razorboy

It appeasr on my screen as from an email address, not from a number. Go figure!

@razorboy wrote:

Thank you for that.  I should have said: I have an old flip phone, a Samsung Rugby, not a smartphone.

@razorboy 

Is it always from the same number? Does this work to block the number?

From the home screen, press the Send key. Scroll to the desired number, then press the Left Soft key.
Scroll to Add to Reject List, then press the Center Nav key.

razorboy

hTideGrow, your question woke me up. Above, computergeek541 said that perhaps the messges are web-based.  Of course!  The messages are not from a number, they are from an email address!  It's from Levardis @ (something)villa.net. I don't know how that works, email on a Rugby.... If I try to email myself a text from the Telus online "Send a text" service, it does not work, I get a 611 message, which is what I hoped for, but this SPAM critter gets through.

(By the way, I just got a spam phone call from V12412423400143.  That occurs daily as well.  It's on my block list, but that just stops the ringer, I still have to close the notice of the call, go to CALLS, and delete it, maybe 6 or 10 clicks. BLOCKED stuff should just be disappeared.)

HI @razorboy 

What number it comes from?  If it is from 611,   You might have received a Multimedia message and the the system just reminding you there is a MMS waiting to be downloaded.  If it is such type of text, it will be gone after 10 days, I think.  

If it is from an actual number, you can do this:

open phone and select menu ( top right hand corner).
Then select the Address Book Icon.
Then select Option 5 (Reject List)
Once you have selected the Reject List, select options which will drop down a new list of options in which option 2 is to add new #'s to your Reject List.

razorboy

Thank you for that.  I should have said: I have an old flip phone, a Samsung Rugby, not a smartphone.

@razorboy wrote:

I have an old plan, grandfathered, I suppose one would say.  It has no texting capabilitty, and I have no use for text so I don't upgrade the plan.  I do get messages from Public Mobile regarding payments, etc..  A few days ago I received a text message - SPAM!!!  I now get it daily at the same time, from some creature named Levardis.  Usually, if someone tries to text me, I get a message from PUBMO saying that "Someone has tried to send you a text, but you do do not have a texting plan."  However, this SPAM creature manages to get through.  Has it hacked some aspect of the PUBMO system, or what?  Can I block the creature?  

I suspect that you may be receiving these messages because they are web based. Depending on your phone's software, you may be able to block these messages.  For example, the stock Android text app allows users to block all messages from any specific number.  Tap and hold on the thread and chose the "do not enter"/block symbol.  This doesn't actually block the messages, but it does automatically place the messages into a separate folder and you shouldn't be notified of them when they arrive.

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @razorboy 

ignore and delete.

Need Help? Let's chat.