cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I frequently get 'no service'

adnerb68
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I frequently get 'no service' when just sitting at home (i have an iphone 8).  My 3 other family members are also Public Mobile customers and they have never had issues.  It is very frustrating.  Why is this happening?  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8

@adnerb68 

turn off device take out SIM card and insert SIM back on.

@adnerb68   If you switched your SIM to your daughter's phone and found it worked well, then the issue is with your current phone and not the SIM.  Sounds like you might need to upgrade your phone? 

edit:  does your son have the same model as you?

adnerb68
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That was a great idea!  I switched sim cards with my daughters and I got full bars with her sim card and I only ever get 1 or 2 bars with mine.  Since I only get the 'no service' randomly, she didn't want me to use her card all day:)  Sounds like it might be a sim card issue then?  Should I just buy a new sim card?  My son has the same phone as me and zero issues. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Put your SIM into other phone and monitor. If you get same disconnect it could be SIM. If service is perfect it is your phone. Maybe SIM's contacts are dirty. Try to re-seat your SIM; clean contacts, blow away dust from SIM slot...

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Do you know if these frequent occurrences happen when someone tries to call you? Or can you do a test call from one of those phones?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@adnerb68 try to reseat your sim card.  Power off, take sim out and wipe it clean, then put it back and power up

You can also swap phones with your family for couple days. ,  that can confirm of it is a device problem or sim card

If it down to a device  issue , try a Reset Network Settings and see if it helps

Another thing to do is to wipe the phone.   But leave it till the last, it is a painful exercise 

If it turns out a sim card or Account issue instead,  you might been to open ticket with PM support for further investigation 

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@adnerb68 Hi to find out if it’s your phone borrow a family member’s sim to see if you still have an issue if you do than your phone is the problem 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@adnerb68 , I sense there is something wrong with your phone.  There is no other explanation.  If one phone is able to get a connection, then other phones nearby should get a connection as well.  Model to model, the cellular reception capability can vary but never so much that there would be a loss connection.  You could try a SIM card swap with a family member to rule out any account related issues.  

Need Help? Let's chat.