cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I didn’t receive the transfer request SMS please HELP!!

Amiraligpt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

HELLO YESTERDAY I TRANSFERRED MY PUBLIC MOBILE NUMBER TO CHATR MOBILE AND CREATED A NEW ACCOUNT IN CHATR MOBILE AND PAID FOR IT BUT CHATR GAVE ME A TEMPORARY NUMBER UNTILL I RECEIVE THE CONFIRMATION TRANSFER TEXT MESSAGE FROM PUBLIC MOBILE AND THE THING IS MY PUBLIC MOBILE PLAN WAS NOT ACTIVE AT THAT TIME SO IT COULD NOT SEND ME A MESSAGE AND I ACTIVATE THE PLAN AGAIN TO RECEIVE IT BUT NOTHING CAME PLEASE HELP MEE!!

21 REPLIES 21

lovelyece1

I didn't receive port confirmation message from Public mobile. Please help. I am Unable to create ticket (suggested by chat Bot)

@esjliv- Coming from internet-speak, ping means something else but I understand.

@dust2dust wrote:

@esjliv- The new provider does not send the confirmation text. The new provider requests the transfer or in a way notifies the old provider on behalf of the new customer. But the old provider sends the text.

Details details @dust2dust  🙂

Yeah, my wording may not have been that clear, I guess. 

• Customer enters old providers details (phone/account/etc) to port over.
  • New provider pings old provider's sim card/account to confirm there is no fraud.
  • Old provider pings customer's sim.
  • Customer pings (responds) to old provider's SMS text.
  • New provider gets the A-OK.

@esjliv- The new provider does not send the confirmation text. The new provider requests the transfer or in a way notifies the old provider on behalf of the new customer. But the old provider sends the text.

@Timer wrote:

@softech @esjliv 

Thanks for clarifying ... i appreciate it. you have good day.

but if chatr send the request to PM and PM not get.. so to who will contact again to chatr or PM.

@Timer  please check my reply as well as @esjliv 's , we explain clearly what is involved and what need to be done. 

@Timer wrote:

@softech @esjliv 

but if chatr send the request to PM and PM not get.. so to who will contact again to chatr or PM.

Just like when we provide the porting phone number and CSA contacts to restart a port into Public Mobile to other members; this OP needs to contact Chatr customer service/support to restart the porting process on their end...this should get another SMS text sent to the public sim card to approve.

@softech @esjliv 

@Timer porting a phone number from one provider to another provider should be done on the side of the new company customers are porting over to.

In this case Chatr. Chatr should take care of all the details and requirements needed to obtain the new customer; including sending public mobile the 'request to port' which initiates the SMS text for the port approval.

So, if the SMS text is missed; Chatr needs to be asked to resend it.

Edit, note subject of this post "I didn’t receive the transfer request SMS.." - Chatr should reinitiate this request, not public.

@Timer   You do not submit ticket to PM at once. 

If the request did not come to PM from the new provider, there is nothing PM Support can do.  PM support cannot knock on Chatr's door and say "friend, here is my customer, take it"

For any porting request, the first thing the customer should do is to ask the new provider to confirm the porting details, and re-submit the porting request.  Only if it is confirmed that the new provider has all the correct information and did  submit the porting request couple times but still not received, then the customers can ask PM support to check if they ever see the request and if the SMS was broken somehow

In short, you do not send user to open ticket with PM support right a way.. in any situation, not just this one

@esjliv 

why we need to send to chatr the OP not receive the SMS to reply yes to they go to chatr.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Timer , you may be confusing the OP, and possibly sending them in circles.

Twice now you have directed them to submit a ticket with Public Mobile customer support. But they need to go to Chatr, not public mobile, since they want to port their PM number over to Chatr.

@Amiraligpt   

Just check Chatr website,

https://www.chatrwireless.com/contact-us

you can call them or text them

@Amiraligpt 

it's hard for you to found the link 

contact support team by private message Here a link click of this >  CS_Agent 

Receiving side. Support should be from Chatr, not here. This side just needs to be active and you leave this sim in to confirm the text. Then put the new sim in and wait.

Amiraligpt

What do you mean the recieving sites?

Porting support should be from the receiving side. You'll need to contact them.

Amiraligpt

Can you please give me the chatr phone number that i can call and ask them to reinitiate the porting request?

Amiraligpt

Can you please give me the chatr phone number that i can call and ask them to reinitiate the porting request?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Amiraligpt 

First, contact Chatr to ask them to re-request the porting once again.

If you are still unable to receive the porting text , please open ticket with PM using this directly link:

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Ref: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

If you have made a request to port your number to another carrier and have not received an SMS from Public Mobile to confirm your request, please open our chatbot via this link. This will put you in touch with our Customer Support Agents who will be able to assist you.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Amiraligpt 

If you have not received the SMS to authorize the transfer request for your phone number, you’ll need to contact a Customer Support Agent. Chatbot

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@Amiraligpt hi you must have your public sim in your phone to receive transfer text you have 90 minutes to reply yes,ask chatr to reinitiate port request

Need Help? Let's chat.